Sponsored

Part number of rubber center console pads/mats ?

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...Any link to the schematic ?
#7 is the large mat
#8 I believe is the smaller mat
#9 is the FLAT mat that goes inside the console on the bottom ($57.00 for tiny thin flat mat!!!!!!)

Ford Maverick Part number of rubber center console pads/mats ? Maverick_Center_Console
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
#7 is the large mat
#8 I believe is the smaller mat
#9 is the FLAT mat that goes inside the console on the bottom ($57.00 for tiny thin flat mat!!!!!!)

Maverick_Center_Console.png
Oh my goodness # 9 is a piece of felt ! Does the schematic list the corresponding PN#s ?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So not to get side tracked but why are there two different part numbers for the same product?

Why are the part numbers on the back of my liners not coming up on Fords parts website but @Milous are?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So not to get side tracked but why are there two different part numbers for the same product?

Why are the part numbers on the back of my liners not coming up on Fords parts website but @Milous are?
The links he has provided are from a different website and not https://parts.ford.com/en.html- Spent a couple hours of nonsense on this today- Very inconsistent and PN naming nomenclature- So on the Parts/Ford site they list the same PN for the three trims none of which mention color and or are specific to which trim they belong to other than mentioning "Less Wireless" Great just tell me which one is Orange baby !

Last edited:

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure yet, sometimes is just a change of suppliers, or some sort of unknown revision.

The part numbers stamped on trim pieces (as well as on other parts) are some sort of internal reference. Ford assigns a totally different part #. I truly don't understand why they don't or can't just use one part number!

The Ford parts numbering system is beyond confusing, and very non-descriptive. Images are often wrong, details missing, different parts with very similar but different numbers.

The Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep system is so much more intuitive. You can enter a vehicle VIN and parts will be perfectly filtered. Their system is also much better at denoting different trim/parts colors. In addition, their parts will end, for example, with a 2 letter suffix - like "AA". When the part is changed or updated it advances to "AB", "AC", "AD" etc. When ordering a part one knows that "AD" is a newer, and the latest revision.

Ford, on the other hand, will have suffixes like "AA", "AB", "BA" of which they are totally different parts. And Ford also uses dashes or no dashes for the same part # (example: NZ6Z60045G34BA and NZ6Z-60045G34-BA). And then sometimes they will just shorten it to "60045G34BA".

I would guess that Ford gets a ton of returned parts because of their ass-backwards antiquated numbering system. I would hate to work in one of their parts departments.

Ford definitely needs to hire more qualified people - not only for their parts systems, but for those writing the service and owner's manuals - what a mess of confusion and errors those are plagued with, don't get me started lol.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure yet, sometimes is just a change of suppliers, or some sort of unknown revision.

The part numbers stamped on trim pieces (as well as on other parts) are some sort of internal reference. Ford assigns a totally different part #. I truly don't understand why they don't or can't just use one part number!

The Ford parts numbering system is beyond confusing, and very non-descriptive. Images are often wrong, details missing, different parts with very similar but different numbers.

The Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep system is so much more intuitive. You can enter a vehicle VIN and parts will be perfectly filtered. Their system is also much better at denoting different trim/parts colors. In addition, their parts will end, for example, with a 2 letter suffix - like "AA". When the part is changed or updated it advances to "AB", "AC", "AD" etc. When ordering a part one knows that "AD" is a newer, and the latest revision.

Ford, on the other hand, will have suffixes like "AA", "AB", "BA" of which they are totally different parts. And Ford also uses dashes or no dashes for the same part # (example: NZ6Z60045G34BA and NZ6Z-60045G34-BA). And then sometimes they will just shorten it to "60045G34BA".

I would guess that Ford gets a ton of returned parts because of their ass-backwards antiquated numbering system. I would hate to work in one of their parts departments.

Ford definitely needs to hire more qualified people - not only for their parts systems, but for those writing the service and owner's manuals - what a mess of confusion and errors those are plagued with, don't get me started lol.
Finding simple OEM parts should not require this amount of difficulty and guessing - Yowsa
Sponsored