First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put a strut.in backwards. Didn't bolt it down. Did you do a wheel alignment?

OP
OP
M Spec

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Put a strut.in backwards. Didn't bolt it down. Did you do a wheel alignment?
I mean no offense but have you ever installed struts on a Maverick?

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People have screwed up before you would.be surprised. If it was backwards it would angle out sideways. Sometimes they just forget the third bolt under the plastic

Pudakis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ever find the issue? I don’t have the leveling kit and mine also makes a clunking noise, I had it at the dealer today for that and the trailer brake recall. They told me there is a known issue with a bolt, I didn’t get my paperwork yet as they will mail it to me. But they fixed the bolt and Things feel way better and a had a slight vibration that is gone but I believe I still have the clunk.

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks...I mean no offense, but I have been building cars for over 50 years and have owned over 70 cars/trucks, I do how to tighten bolts. But again I do appreciate you taking the time to post.
Even the most experienced technicians can still make mistakes. Instead of being ignorant have you tried double checking everything?

WeatherDJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would appreciate posts from individuals that have actually installed the leveling kit, Thanks
I installed the 1" RC level kit myself. I bought the kit early on before I received the truck and it was the steel kit, looks like they are now using molded plastic? The kit bolts were too long and I had to source new bolts to mount the spacer to the strut. Anyhow, I have a clunk in the right front over harsh bumps. The clunk started about five months (3K miles) after install. Sounds like a bad strut or strut bushing. When the weather warms up here in the NE I'll take it apart and check the spacer. I checked all the other bolts which I could access without removing the strut and they are all tight. I have an upcoming appointment at the dealer for the airbag recall. I may ask them to take a look. Well see what they say about the level kit and larger tires (245/65). :)
Sponsored