Sponsored

Newbie question: Are ALL dealers marking up current stock?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We bought an XLT hybrid 2023 for $2,500 over MSRP and now we know that was a bargain, based on the $10K over that most dealers want. My wife's Lariat hybrid has a build date for next month and headed out today to sell this one. Already have been offered more than we paid for it at one dealer, but another said they will beat that offer. Guess I will find out in a couple of hours.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ToneKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I'm the OP. It's discouraging to read these replies but I can't say as though I'm surprised and I guess this is how the market works.

It's unfortunate because the Mav seems like perfect vehicle for my needs. I probably won't be buying one because I don't think I want to wait half a year for a special order and I sure as heck don't want one badly enough to pay the markup.

Oh well - timing in life is everything ;)

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I probably won't be buying one because I don't think I want to wait half a year for a special order and I sure as heck don't want one badly enough to pay the markup.
Half a year LOL. You're precious. I have 2 orders that are now at 8 months with neither one scheduled yet.

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
I have both an EcoBoost and a Hybrid. Small town. Each purchased at msrp. doc fees for each were $85. Both ordered. Waited 8 months for one and 10 months for the other. Additionally, you must ask in advance for stealership to not add 'dealer installed' items to the truck when it arrives. Often you won't find out about added items until you get into the finance dept. , after dealing with sales. All dealers are sneaky.

Last edited:

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on the dealer. Morgan Hill Ford in CA only tacks on $250 or $500 to an in-stock purchase. At lest that is what is says on their website. They are a volume dealer. Of course, this means vehicles fly off the lot. So getting one probably means getting lucky or waiting on another long list.

https://www.fordstoremorganhill.com/best-bottom-line-price.html
Sponsored