First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0L eco boost 2022 AWD fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford closed order banks for MY2022 on Jan 27, 2022. Hybrid ordering closed back in November 2021. No ordering should be happening after those dates. Maybe Ford made an exception for Dealer Stock units? They were supposed to build all customer special orders 1st- and they are still thousands short of building those.

Something doesn't add up in your dealer's story here.
I'm not disagreeing with you on that... I just thought I'd check in here first to see what was what before ripping into someone without all the facts of course lol.
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Ah shit. You got me.

I forgot about that pivotal case of contract law:

First Dibs vs. No Takesie Backsies

Question, if it's not the property of the dealer, why use a dealer and not order directly from Ford the owner of the truck. You can't, the dealer ordered the truck and if you don't take delivery, the dealer can sell it to whoever he wants, for whatever price he wants.

If you have a Bonafide signed sales contract from any manufacturer it's your property until you reject it, and it reverts to the manufacture. Once you receive the VIN number from FORD, it's the manufactures intend to sell the vehicle to you and not the dealer until you reject the truck, and the dealer can take ownership.