First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0L eco boost 2022 AWD fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So here's the deal, I opted to trade in my 2018 f150 for a Maverick, when I approached my dealer about it he said I happen to have one available it is on order and will get here in 6weeks to 2 months... Fine and dandy I go thru pre-approval for the loan etc. I contact my dealer on April 8th about where things are at for the maverick... He says he doesn't know anything but will get back to me. Later in May I get an update with the VIN and order code ... I don't check it ...but my partner has an order in for a new truck as well and shows me where to go and how to get there with the whole order code and VIN...lol. well according to website my vehicle wasn't order until April on the day I asked the whereabouts of the vehicle and if there were any updates. So my thing here is are there order dates that change based on when they are actually produced or when they are actually ordered by the dealer. If it's the date my truck was ordered is April I'm a bit ticked cause I would have made some changes to the order .. I was originally only taking this maverick due to the wait and wanting to save money on gas.
Sponsored

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it will show the order date as the date it was scheduled and got a VIN. i ordered mine 9/03/21 my order date on ford is 4/13/22, which is when i received my VIN

OP
OP

Jessib1790

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
it will show the order date as the date it was scheduled and got a VIN. i ordered mine 9/03/21 my order date on ford is 4/13/22, which is when i received my VIN
Thank you, I was just lost as to the whole system. Thanks for filling me in lol.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What dealer are you ordering from and when specifically did you order it?

OP
OP

Jessib1790

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What dealer are you ordering from and when specifically did you order it?
It's up here in Ontario and I didn't actually order it... Someone else dropped the order and I assumed it thru my dealer when I was looking to trade my truck.

Sponsored

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't pretend to understand how the Ford order process works. I only know how my ordering process went. I placed an order on January 19th. When I was able to view my order on the tracker (February 25th), the order date said January 19. So, obviously, my dealer submitted the order to Ford, and Ford approved the order, on the same day I expressed my intent to purchase.

I've ordered 3 vehicles over the past 4 years from the same GTA dealer and the process was the same each time.

To me, it looks like your dealer played some kind of game. There probably never was a vehicle on order (which someone else would have had to decline), and, worse, they didn't place your order prior to the April 8th date you mentioned.

At least you are now on the path to having your vehicle built and delivered.

ZDesorm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape SE, Sport Pkg. 1.5 L EB.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So here's the deal, I opted to trade in my 2018 f150 for a Maverick, when I approached my dealer about it he said I happen to have one available it is on order and will get here in 6weeks to 2 months... Fine and dandy I go thru pre-approval for the loan etc. I contact my dealer on April 8th about where things are at for the maverick... He says he doesn't know anything but will get back to me. Later in May I get an update with the VIN and order code ... I don't check it ...but my partner has an order in for a new truck as well and shows me where to go and how to get there with the whole order code and VIN...lol. well according to website my vehicle wasn't order until April on the day I asked the whereabouts of the vehicle and if there were any updates. So my thing here is are there order dates that change based on when they are actually produced or when they are actually ordered by the dealer. If it's the date my truck was ordered is April I'm a bit ticked cause I would have made some changes to the order .. I was originally only taking this maverick due to the wait and wanting to save money on gas.
So I had placed an order with my local dealer, however, they couldn't promise that I'd receive the vehicle before the end of 2022, which I totally understand! So I kept an eye put at dealers nearby and found one very similar to what I had ordered, (a few extra things like a sunroof...) so as for what I can see the order was placed on 04/12/2022, however, I only received a VIN/Window Sticker on 06/02/2022, according to my dealer it was set to be built on 06/08/2022. So in my case, the order was placed on a separate date from which I received the VIN/WinStick. It's might be that ford only viewed your order on the day you asked for the whereabouts, but that's fishy lol.

Hopefully, you receive yours soon!

CSSMAVO

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick

I am actually thinking of Trading in My Maverick and getting something bigger, thinking a Ranger, or Tacoma. I like the Maverick, but drive it on the highway, and you will quickly realize, just how small this Truck is.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Something doesn't make sense. The dealer has one on order because someone backed out of a deal and then orders one after you do the paperwork switching ownership to you.

When the original owner backed out, the truck became the property of the dealer and he can sell it for whatever price he decides on the day you take delivery, unless you have all the sales paperwork with the final out the door price in hand when you show up for delivery. If not, you're in for the sticker shock of your life.

Hope you have an honest dealer. Best of luck to you.

"So here's the deal, I opted to trade in my 2018 f150 for a Maverick, when I approached my dealer about it he said I happen to have one available it is on order and will get here in 6weeks to 2 months... Fine and dandy I go thru pre-approval for the loan etc. I contact my dealer on April 8th about where things are at for the maverick... He says he doesn't know anything but will get back to me. Later in May I get an update with the VIN and order code ... I don't check it ...but my partner has an order in for a new truck as well and shows me where to go and how to get there with the whole order code and VIN...lol. well according to website my vehicle wasn't order until April on the day I asked the whereabouts of the vehicle and if there were any updates. So my thing here is are there order dates that change based on when they are actually produced or when they are actually ordered by the dealer. If it's the date my truck was ordered is April I'm a bit ticked cause I would have made some changes to the order .. I was originally only taking this maverick due to the wait and wanting to save money on gas."

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jessib1790

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a great dealer, I've already been quoted the price and it's on par for what everyone is paying here in Canada and based on the Ford website for pricing it's all bang on. I have a copy of what the cost is in email on their letter head based on pricing at the time of the agreement and financing. So we will see what happens and when I get the truck lol.

But I was confused by the order date... I'm still gonna ask some questions about this whole event. Don't quite understand if I got the one originally ordered by someone else or this was placed to cover one that possibly got sold in dealer trade. Never know.

Something doesn't make sense. The dealer has one on order because someone backed out of a deal and then orders one after you do the paperwork switching ownership to you.

When the original owner backed out, the truck became the property of the dealer and he can sell it for whatever price he decides on the day you take delivery, unless you have all the sales paperwork with the final out the door price in hand when you show up for delivery. If not, you're in for the sticker shock of your life.

Hope you have an honest dealer. Best of luck to you.

"So here's the deal, I opted to trade in my 2018 f150 for a Maverick, when I approached my dealer about it he said I happen to have one available it is on order and will get here in 6weeks to 2 months... Fine and dandy I go thru pre-approval for the loan etc. I contact my dealer on April 8th about where things are at for the maverick... He says he doesn't know anything but will get back to me. Later in May I get an update with the VIN and order code ... I don't check it ...but my partner has an order in for a new truck as well and shows me where to go and how to get there with the whole order code and VIN...lol. well according to website my vehicle wasn't order until April on the day I asked the whereabouts of the vehicle and if there were any updates. So my thing here is are there order dates that change based on when they are actually produced or when they are actually ordered by the dealer. If it's the date my truck was ordered is April I'm a bit ticked cause I would have made some changes to the order .. I was originally only taking this maverick due to the wait and wanting to save money on gas."

Sponsored

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a great dealer, I've already been quoted the price and it's on par for what everyone is paying here in Canada and based on the Ford website for pricing it's all bang on. I have a copy of what the cost is in email on their letter head based on pricing at the time of the agreement and financing. So we will see what happens and when I get the truck lol.

But I was confused by the order date... I'm still gonna ask some questions about this whole event. Don't quite understand if I got the one originally ordered by someone else or this was placed to cover one that possibly got sold in dealer trade. Never know.
That would be a crime if he placed a new order without your input on options and accessoies. Anyway, good luck and I think after you get the truck you'll be very happy with what FORD has accomplished for the price.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford closed order banks for MY2022 on Jan 27, 2022. Hybrid ordering closed back in November 2021. No ordering should be happening after those dates. Maybe Ford made an exception for Dealer Stock units? They were supposed to build all customer special orders 1st- and they are still thousands short of building those.

Something doesn't add up in your dealer's story here.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
The truck is not the property of the dealer until the truck is delivered to the dealer. It belongs to Ford.

The truck becomes the property of the buyer when the buyer and dealer complete a signed, bilateral contract for sale/purchase and the buyer drives off.

An ordered truck is never the "property" of the prospective buyer.

Where do you guys get these strange notions? Ya can't own what ya ain't paid for.

pays Ford

When the original owner backed out, the truck became the property of the dealer and he can sell it for whatever price he decides on the day you take delivery...

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I'm guessing that the "order date" is the date that the dealer put your name on a truck that was already in the pipeline. It couldn't be a fresh order since ordering was shut down months before that.

So here's the deal, I opted to trade in my 2018 f150 for a Maverick, when I approached my dealer about it he said I happen to have one available it is on order and will get here in 6weeks to 2 months...

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question, if it's not the property of the dealer, why use a dealer and not order directly from Ford the owner of the truck. You can't, the dealer ordered the truck and if you don't take delivery, the dealer can sell it to whoever he wants, for whatever price he wants.

If you have a Bonafide signed sales contract from any manufacturer it's your property until you reject it, and it reverts to the manufacture. Once you receive the VIN number from FORD, it's the manufactures intend to sell the vehicle to you and not the dealer until you reject the truck, and the dealer can take ownership.
Sponsored