First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long story short...I put 165,000 miles on the Kia base Soul I bought in 2015. I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. After looking at all entry level options, the Maverick seemed to be a no brainer apart from the availability. I decided 2 weeks ago to pull the trigger. On November 3rd I had settled on all my options and placed the order. While waiting on the dealer call the next morning another dealer called and said they had one in stock that someone backed out on. Unbelievably it was identical to the one I built aside from an added moonroof and back sliding glass. I jumped on it and traded the soul in and talked them down to 1500 over MSRP. I love the truck and after reading through these posts I realize I am extremely lucky but if I hadn't gotten it, it would have been gone in minutes. I'll post pics once we get a nice day.
Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats
Timing can be everything

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, how did you talk them down on the extra pricing.. They know someone next will buy it in minutes/hours

OP
OP
Rikloe

Rikloe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats, how did you talk them down on the extra pricing.. They know someone next will buy it in minutes/hours
They started at 2500 and said I understand you'll get that all day, from someone else, but not me. I expected them to say "ok, have a nice day" and I would've caved but they came back with 1500. Talked them into giving me 2k instead of 1500 for trade too. They were great and ide recommend Huntersville Ford in NC to anyone.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are one lucky guy, for sure. Looking forward to the pics.

Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Welcome...

We got ours from somebody backing out theirs also. We hadn't placed an order though.

Sad that a deal is $1500 over MSRP these days.
Sponsored