New Maverick Render, Happy Friday!

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
I like that it looks like a truck instead of an SUV that got a bed as an afterthought.

Reactions: Doc

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im so boggled why all the automakers try to make the front end of all the new trucks so bulky and ugly. Its so bizarre. Its more visual obstruction for no reason. Then you pop the hood and the engine is sitting a foot and a half below the hood line and front bumper. So the whole bulky front end is actually entirely pointless.

I saw my first brand new facelifted Ridgeline the other day and its redesign is heinously ugly compared to the outgoing model with the smoother front end. The Ranger is the same way, the subdued nice looking current model is being dicarded for whatever the hell that thing is they're showing in spy shots. Lol. The Frontier redesign doesnt look as bulky compared to competition but its still a bit much compared to the nice clean older front end. Then the Tacoma? Wow, the Tacoma. Thats my go to example of how not to design a front clip. What a giant bulldog that thing is. So so ugly. Then for pure excess i just look at the GM trucks. Five feet of flat wall on that front end, its so bad looking.

I would absolutely have loved if the Maverick went with a smooth, sexy carlike front end. Something more akin to the Baja look. They should have tossed the Focus front end design on this thing. They could have actually sculpted it and it could have looked aggressive and nice, versus... a flat box?

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Im so boggled why all the automakers try to make the front end of all the new trucks so bulky and ugly. Its so bizarre. Its more visual obstruction for no reason. Then you pop the hood and the engine is sitting a foot and a half below the hood line and front bumper. So the whole bulky front end is actually entirely pointless.

I saw my first brand new facelifted Ridgeline the other day and its redesign is heinously ugly compared to the outgoing model with the smoother front end. The Ranger is the same way, the subdued nice looking current model is being dicarded for whatever the hell that thing is they're showing in spy shots. Lol. The Frontier redesign doesnt look as bulky compared to competition but its still a bit much compared to the nice clean older front end. Then the Tacoma? Wow, the Tacoma. Thats my go to example of how not to design a front clip. What a giant bulldog that thing is. So so ugly. Then for pure excess i just look at the GM trucks. Five feet of flat wall on that front end, its so bad looking.

I would absolutely have loved if the Maverick went with a smooth, sexy carlike front end. Something more akin to the Baja look. They should have tossed the Focus front end design on this thing. They could have actually sculpted it and it could have looked aggressive and nice, versus... a flat box?
While a lot of it has to do with crash and pedestrian regulations, The Santa cruz might be a good option for you, trust me I also hate looking out the window of my sedan and seeing and f150 wheel well or a GMC grill logo, no need for so much bulk, but if this has the same dimensions as the front end of the bronco sport, then looks truly are deceiving cause that looks huge but in person its SMALL

Sponsored

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of us of a certain age, that boxy front end is what a truck is supposed to look like. I wouldn't entertain a truck with a Focus-like front, but that's just me. I'm guessing it has something to do with our formidable years, but a 1980 Ford F-150 looks like a truck, compared to a 2000 F-150 which looks like a lifted sedan. I hated the smooth, curvy looks of trucks in the late 1990s and early 2000s, so I welcome the return to more traditional front-ends.

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Maverick, 10 Ranger Sport, 03 VTX1800C
I like it. I want a rear seat delete (since we're likely only getting a SCrew cab), 2.0EB, PLEASE give it selectable or at least smart AWD, and a sunroof... a stripped down fleet truck with good power, cruise control, power windows would be perfect

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volvol
Engine
Undecided
For those of us of a certain age, that boxy front end is what a truck is supposed to look like. I wouldn't entertain a truck with a Focus-like front, but that's just me. I'm guessing it has something to do with our formidable years, but a 1980 Ford F-150 looks like a truck, compared to a 2000 F-150 which looks like a lifted sedan. I hated the smooth, curvy looks of trucks in the late 1990s and early 2000s, so I welcome the return to more traditional front-ends.
I loved the Lightening of the early 2000's.
Today's trucks say to me in the little kid's voice, "I'm a big Truck!"

The F100 53-56 still has class, and it certainly doesn't look boxy like today's trucks.

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The F100 53-56 still has class, and it certainly doesn't look boxy like today's trucks.
My dream truck is a 1970-ish F-100 with three-on-the-tree. By the late '60s, the F-100s were getting pretty boxy. Just a preference I guess, but that's when they start looking good to me.

My grandpa drove a 1948 Ford truck until the day he died. It's one of the first vehicles I ever drove. Now that was a curvy truck.

Tombrowski

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer

Yeah, it really is all about personal taste. For me, I'm loving a lot of the renderings I'm seeing of the Maverick with that stocky/boxy look. I've been disappointed with the Ranger as I felt it looks a bit too much like an aged SUV from the front (for all intents and purposes, it is pretty much a 10 year old truck at this point).
But I think that on a compact pickup, that more brutish look might give it a greater appeal to more people that might look at it for the price but wouldn't have justified it for a ridgeline/frontier looking truck.
Sponsored