Sponsored

My Maverick Arrived at Dealer

• Thread starter Deleted member 6544
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 6544

My Maverick made it to the dealer Thursday evening. A full week ahead of the 7/12-7/19 time frame that was originally scheduled, yippie. Now for the funky news. I unfortunately had quadruple bypass surgery June 30. I, (thought), I was the picture of health prior to the surgery, (that's what I get for thinking). Fun times ahead. I can't drive for at least 6-8 weeks depending on the healing process. The dealer did say they'd deliver the truck possibly Monday. I may have to go to the dealer to sign paperwork.
My salesgal emailed the out the door sales figure. I'm paying cash. All is well with the exception of their 'fees'. I friggin hate fees no matter what they are. Anyway, they've jacked up their doc fee From $499 to $699 since the Nov. 5 2021 order date. The register fee is $599. WTF. That's approx. $500 more than what was expected. Kinda a semi money grab. I know it's no where near what some of you folks have dealt with but all along I got the sense there would be no money grab. Still irritates me. I've asked if I can register the vehicle, (for probably around $200), and to knock off $100 of the doc fees. No response yet. I'm glad my truck is here and obviously I'll pay the $500 extra but I don't have to like it.
I'll post pics when I have the truck at home.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 6544

Glad you’re ok, hopefully you have a speedy recovery, and can drive soon. I for one wouldn’t be able to follow that direction…
I'm not sure what you mean. What direction? Thanks for the well wishes!

Rew409

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My Maverick made it to the dealer Thursday evening. A full week ahead of the 7/12-7/19 time frame that was originally scheduled, yippie. Now for the funky news. I unfortunately had quadruple bypass surgery June 30. I, (thought), I was the picture of health prior to the surgery, (that's what I get for thinking). Fun times ahead. I can't drive for at least 6-8 weeks depending on the healing process. The dealer did say they'd deliver the truck possibly Monday. I may have to go to the dealer to sign paperwork.
My salesgal emailed the out the door sales figure. I'm paying cash. All is well with the exception of their 'fees'. I friggin hate fees no matter what they are. Anyway, they've jacked up their doc fee From $499 to $699 since the Nov. 5 2021 order date. The register fee is $599. WTF. That's approx. $500 more than what was expected. Kinda a semi money grab. I know it's no where near what some of you folks have dealt with but all along I got the sense there would be no money grab. Still irritates me. I've asked if I can register the vehicle, (for probably around $200), and to knock off $100 of the doc fees. No response yet. I'm glad my truck is here and obviously I'll pay the $500 extra but I don't have to like it.
Speedy recovery ! Live it your way !

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure what you mean. What direction? Thanks for the well wishes!
My guess is he probably won't be able to abide by not driving (your Maverick) for 6-8 weeks

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, I hope you end up putting 200k happy miles on the Maverick.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 6544

Everyone, thank you from the bottom, (of my repaired), heart & thank you for your well wishes. The diagnosis was one of the biggest surprises of my life.
The truck will be delivered Monday along with the paperwork to sign. Pictures to follow!
Ok I get it. Maybe if I was thinking right I'd have figured it out. At the very least I will take my Maverick up and down my road! I'll also let those taking me to appointments drive it so I can ride in it. I'll certainly have time to get to know her.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone, thank you from the bottom, (of my repaired), heart & thank you for your well wishes. The diagnosis was one of the biggest surprises of my life.
The truck will be delivered Monday along with the paperwork to sign. Pictures to follow!
Ok I get it. Maybe if I was thinking right I'd have figured it out. At the very least I will take my Maverick up and down my road! I'll also let those taking me to appointments drive it so I can ride in it. I'll certainly have time to get to know her.
Yes, it fun to share a great experience. Get well soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6544

Good morning all, I had the Maverick delivered late yesterday afternoon. I found out the high registration fee was due to it being a truck and as the dealer sells a ton of trucks they just put the highest reg fee on. I'll be getting roughly $200 back from that. The extra $200 for the doc fees was etching the glass, (at least it wasn't just for nothing). But obviously I wish they'd have asked me if I wanted it first which I would not have. Now and this is odd... I'm getting a $750 rebate check back. I'm not on any X plan, don't even know what that means. Or any other plan. Just Joe Blow buying a vehicle. What a pleasant surprise. The sales chickie, (yes she is a hot chickie), didn't even know why. It just showed up on the paperwork.
Here are a couple of pics. Run of the mill Maverick.

Ford Maverick My Maverick Arrived at Dealer Mav_HI

Ford Maverick My Maverick Arrived at Dealer Mav_HII
Ford Maverick My Maverick Arrived at Dealer Mav_HIII
Sponsored