bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saving this place for future updates.

Picked up a silver XL yesterday. The first change will be to buy some snow tires and have them mounted on the stock steelies. That'll give me a month plus to find some more attractive wheels for the rest of the year.

I had a set of Blizzak winter tires installed on my steelies. These will get me around for a while. Sometime this Summer the steelies will probably get painted black.

Ordered a set of BBS XR 17 inch wheels. I will have them shipped to me and have the original all-season tires mounted on the BBS. As soon as I can justify taking off the winter tires, the BBSs will go on.

Next projects; discrete cable management for Apple CarPlay, tint the front windows, Rhinoline the bed, install a subwoofer, any subwoofer.
Used Blizzak tires on a 2WD pickup for several MI winters. These tires were great and had no problems with deep snow. Far easier than chains which was my go to option during previous winters.
Just be sure you have a complete set of summer tires as Blizzak should not be run above 70*F.
Sponsored

OP
OP
shizelbs

shizelbs

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Blizzaks have done their job so far. They are going back on the truck tomorrow.

I had previously painted the stock steelies black for the winter tires. That solution worked for one season. Just enough of the paint was flaking off that they looked terrible. So I picked up a new set of black wheels for the winter tires. They are not as nice as the BBS but I like them.

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Blizzaks have done their job so far. They are going back on the truck tomorrow.

I had previously painted the stock steelies black for the winter tires. That solution worked for one season. Just enough of the paint was flaking off that they looked terrible. So I picked up a new set of black wheels for the winter tires. They are not as nice as the BBS but I like them.
Powder coated a set of steelies for winter tires for another truck. After several seasons, not a single chip or rust spot has appeared. Much better than paint.
Sponsored