shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick Maverick vs last Gen Canyon/Colorado IMG_20211211_064359

So I was driving by the Ford dealer EARLY this morning, spotted a couple Mav's in the lot! Havent been paying attention they've probably been there for a bit. So I yeeted (sorry, been around nephews and nieces too much) over and snapped a admittedly crummy pic in the AM darkness. It'll have to do. I've been wanting a comp pic vs a last gen Canyon/Colorado, maybe someone else does too. My Canyon is a dented up 08 regular cab. This was my first time seeing a Mav in person I suppose, though it feels like I've seen a thousand due to all the high quality pics and YT vids I've seen of it.

I will say I absolutely LOVED how the Mav looks in person. I had been drifting towards a Ranger or new gen Colorado, but man I must say the Mav just touches something inside me, so neat. Even though if it makes any sense my brain doesn't love the looks? However now I'm 100% back to wanting the Mav more. The paint choices Ford has going these days are fantastic too. On the Rangers too. Add of course a 4WD/4Dr Ranger/Colorado base model runs about 35k, vs 25k for the AWD 2.0 XL Mav. 10k difference is pretty big.

The interior looks really clean, roomy and modern, compared to the dated interiors of both the current Colorado and especially the Ranger. The next gen Colly/Ranger need big improvements there. The layout is super roomy too, like the bench seats on my canyon, with no big console sticking up in the middle for the shifter.

Also of interest there was a paper in the Window say "market adjustment: 7,500" with a price of 34,something. So I'm guessing that mans it's a 27k MSRP truck with +7500 tackled on? Yikes. This dealer always has seemed extremely high priced. But why would you even advertise that in the window. Is it even possible to order Mavs at MSRP anymore? The way I'm seeing it is if you want your vehicle now off the lot, prepare to overpay. If you want to order and wait 2-8 months, then you can get MSRP. Sound about right?
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20211211_064359.jpg

So I was driving by the Ford dealer EARLY this morning, spotted a couple Mav's in the lot! Havent been paying attention they've probably been there for a bit. So I yeeted (sorry, been around nephews and nieces too much) over and snapped a admittedly crummy pic in the AM darkness. It'll have to do. I've been wanting a comp pic vs a last gen Canyon/Colorado, maybe someone else does too. My Canyon is a dented up 08 regular cab. This was my first time seeing a Mav in person I suppose, though it feels like I've seen a thousand due to all the high quality pics and YT vids I've seen of it.

I will say I absolutely LOVED how the Mav looks in person. I had been drifting towards a Ranger or new gen Colorado, but man I must say the Mav just touches something inside me, so neat. Even though if it makes any sense my brain doesn't love the looks? However now I'm 100% back to wanting the Mav more. The paint choices Ford has going these days are fantastic too. On the Rangers too. Add of course a 4WD/4Dr Ranger/Colorado base model runs about 35k, vs 25k for the AWD 2.0 XL Mav. 10k difference is pretty big.

The interior looks really clean, roomy and modern, compared to the dated interiors of both the current Colorado and especially the Ranger. The next gen Colly/Ranger need big improvements there. The layout is super roomy too, like the bench seats on my canyon, with no big console sticking up in the middle for the shifter.

Also of interest there was a paper in the Window say "market adjustment: 7,500" with a price of 34,something. So I'm guessing that mans it's a 27k MSRP truck with +7500 tackled on? Yikes. This dealer always has seemed extremely high priced. But why would you even advertise that in the window. Is it even possible to order Mavs at MSRP anymore? The way I'm seeing it is if you want your vehicle now off the lot, prepare to overpay. If you want to order and wait 2-8 months, then you can get MSRP. Sound about right?
You’ve got it right. Very few offer to sell one on the lot for msrp. Most are marked up.