First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a Santa Cruz today. Got home to find a scheduling email from Ford sent while I was in the process of making the purchase. I can't believe how ludicrous this timing is. Here's a link to the original post I made on the other forum.

https://www.santacruzforums.com/threads/maverick-order-got-scheduled-while-buying-santa-cruz.10643/

Edited to include screenshots. Note the timestamps underlined in red.

sc2.jpg

WOW what the crap *^$#@*>> i thought i was the only one this has happened too.
On Sunday May 22nd my local Hyundai dealer had a Santa Cruz on lot for sale i actually booked a test drive for Thursday May 26th then Wednesday the 25th at 9:53 i got an Email from Ford stated that my truck is scheduled for production, week of June 20th. this is truly bizarre. Now I'm questioning everything.....that i believe.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, what you are saying is that to get a scheduled build date for my Maverick, all I have to do is buy a Santa Cruz?? Not quite at that level of desperation yet, but it may come! 🙂

If you can finance both, you will have to decide which to sell, partially based on potential profit. May be an opportunity, not a misfortune???

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a similar situation in that my Maverick had been shipped for over 2 months. They couldn't track, didn't know where it was and this went on and on. I had sold two vehicles because I was trying to just get down to 1 based on when they said it should be delivered. Now this was after it was built in shipped mind you. They missed the target date by over 2 months. I got frustrated and purchased a Nissan Frontier Pro-X on a Monday and the Maverick showed up at the dealer that Thursday. I was so pissed! I eventually opted to sell the Nissan and purchased the Maverick, because the MPG on that Nissan was okay, but not 40 mpg which is what I average now.
Sponsored