Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Dan
Joined
Mar 22, 2022
Threads
26
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
1,362
Location
14150
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d like to compile and install exactly the system you have. How did you make the elevated DIY rack in the rear? Any close up photos would be appreciated.
I first found out about making my own rear cross bar on this forum from this post

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...bed-rack-that-works-with-tonneau-cover.39731/

I shot a video of my setup The rear bar I used a longer 23 inch tall upright bars to clear middle cross bar you will see in video. Had I not had a middle bar an inch shorter would work fine,.

VIDEO

If your kayaks are shorter it would be cheaper to just make two rear cross bars as the yakima setup is in the 400 dollar range. I had it from previous vehicle.
Sponsored

 
 







Top