Sponsored

July Order Banks will open, but still 4-5 months of production time left....

Saltboy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav xlt fx4 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have my 23 xlt awd fx4 4k CO and love it. My daughter has a basic hybrid on order xlt-copilot area51. Mine was ordered day one of order banks open and I received last month. My daughter ordered the day before closing of banks at same dealer. I'd venture to guess she likely wont get hers.

We'll put in another order for the same vehicle for her the day the order banks open in July. She will then have 2 active orders when she needs only one vehicle. I'm sure the dealer will gladly take the "extra" vehicle if both miraculously get built.

I suspect tens of thousands of hopeful hybrid owners will be in the same situation if no orders will be rolled over.
Am I reading the tea leaves wrong here, or does it sound like ensuing chaos with massive amounts of double orders in Fords system?
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In July, Ford will be scheduling for September. Model year ends in October so I would consider not being scheduled by the time the order banks open for MY24 as not being scheduled at all for MY23. Ford will likely use October to close out the current model year and ramp up the new one with dealer stock/fleet orders. So, once the last customer order is scheduled for September, I suspect we won't see a mass of retail orders scheduled again until November.

OP
OP

Saltboy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav xlt fx4 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Bob. Makes sense. Good luck with your scheduled build. We'll keep her 2000 Ranger Supercab roadworthy and keep our fingers crossed on her bybrid.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look for the term "balanced out" in the coming months. If you see something you ordered balanced out, then you know it won't be scheduled for this model year. Given Ford is not scheduling XLs for July and there are only two more months in the model year, I would not be surprised if future editions have the XL marked as balanced out.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah I was scheduled the beginning of August 2022 with a September 26th build week. That of course got pushed and pushed and ultimately canceled. I agree with Bob that if you aren't scheduled by the time the MY24 orders open, you won't get built. Ford seems to be doing better this year as far as keeping to the scheduled weeks, but I'm sure October will be stock and building any September scheduled ones that get pushed to make sure there aren't any canceled VINs again.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
.... and building any September scheduled ones that get pushed to make sure there aren't any canceled VINs again.
Also that. I can see October being a buffer allowing Ford to shift the schedule either way. Unlike last year where Ford was just running out of time at the end of November, mid-October does provide Ford some flexibility to shift the end of model year plans.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do we know if scheduling for the month of July will be before the order banks for MY2024 opens up?
Sponsored