snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OEM has better quality, better throw and cutoff, and looks better than that ebay/amazon junk tbh.

Wicked mod so far!

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
Dope

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
What projectors are you using? They look massive, probably gonna cut through fog like a knife I bet. Also, props on not just throwing LED or HID in the halogen housings and letting the light scatter. A retrofit on something like this is really the way to go.

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice so far.

I'm not skilled in modifications, so I will wait and see what Diode Dynamics comes up with.
If you're not skilled in mods, Diode Dynamics or any aftermarket brand likely won't be of much help anyways. To install fog lights you're going to have to cut the bumper openings yourself or pay somebody you trust, there's just no way around it unless you want to mount lights in the grille or bumper openings and block components that you probably shouldn't block.

I know everyone is hoping and praying on the aftermarket for a solution but Ford already botched this from the jump. There's no reason that Ford could not have simply made the "Fog Light" inserts easily removeable. They market this truck to the DIYers and they fudged all over any DIY fog light idea. Those inserts easily removeable, interchangeable would have been a home run for the Ford designers who had their hands on the Maverick.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're not skilled in mods, Diode Dynamics or any aftermarket brand likely won't be of much help anyways. To install fog lights you're going to have to cut the bumper openings yourself or pay somebody you trust, there's just no way around it unless you want to mount lights in the grille or bumper openings and block components that you probably shouldn't block.

I know everyone is hoping and praying on the aftermarket for a solution but Ford already botched this from the jump. There's no reason that Ford could not have simply made the "Fog Light" inserts easily removeable. They market this truck to the DIYers and they fudged all over any DIY fog light idea. Those inserts easily removeable, interchangeable would have been a home run for the Ford designers who had their hands on the Maverick.
I’m glad they fudged. You have plenty of light with your headlights. Hate the people who turn their fog lights on and never turn the damn things off! Use them as needed, not all the f’n time!

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

States Ford fudged all over any DIY fog lights on a post about actual DIY fog lights….lol

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
States Ford fudged all over any DIY fog lights on a post about actual DIY fog lights….lol
Dannit, that was quite Ironic! Well you get what I'm saying though right? Like they could have easily made the damn inserts removeable or interchangeable so folks don't have to go out and cut holes in their valance just to add some fog lights.

I do think it'd be easier for someone to get the FX4 valance and just mount lights in place of the tow hooks, but have you seen the cost of that damn FX4 valance :oops: If someone wanted to go that route, better hope you got an EcoBooost with FX4 from the factory

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the aftermarket will deliver some good options. These kits for the F150 as example come with a bezel to fill up the rest of the bumper openings. Sure, on the Maverick it'll be up to the owner to cut away the plastic but I think if these companies just design their kits so that the bezel sets into the opening from the outside, someone wouldn't necessarily need to be perfect with their cut as the bezel could be made slightly oversized to keep the cut portion out of sight. We'll see I guess.
1639691223597.png
Okay, well now that you spelled it out for the aftermarket, why don't you just design a kit. You've already got the holes cut. Make up a bracket and bezel, you'll see enough green to probably cover your extravagant OEMish build.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.