2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got hit at an intersection today and my truck is now totaled :(

At least no one was hurt and the other driver had insurance, but not exactly a great time to buy a used vehicle while I wait for my hybrid build date. Perhaps this Thursday I'll get lucky and receive an email from Ford.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do between now and whenever my Maverick gets delivered? A short-term lease sounds expensive and kinda defeats the purpose of buying a value truck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad your ok, and I hope you get an email!!!

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Glad your ok. Might possibly talk to your dealer they might work a deal for ya on something. Or but a junker to resale when the mav gets here

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the other driver was at fault his insurance should provide you with a rental car at least until they give you a check to cover your totaled-out vehicle.

OP
OP

maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the other driver was at fault his insurance should provide you with a rental car at least until they give you a check to cover your totaled-out vehicle.
I'll have to inquire about this tomorrow. I was rear-ended while stopped at a light so I'm feeling pretty confident they will decide in my favor, but my policy doesn't cover a rental car so I wasn't sure how that works. Thanks for the info!

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup, but the moment they cut the check, they cut the rental. You can try to drag out the negotiation (which is what it is) about the value of your truck. Don't accept their first offer, they always low ball you. Come back saying you had just recently replaced XYZ that is brand new, and these new upgraded tires, fresh brake pads, and an example of how expensive similar used cars are right now showing five of the most similar most expensive examples you can find on autotrader and what not, and tell them you'll have all the receipts available in a few days to drag it on. Had to do this before, and just to get rid of me they ended up settling on a price ~30% higher than the one they originally offered.
I'll have to inquire about this tomorrow. I was rear-ended while stopped at a light so I'm feeling pretty confident they will decide in my favor, but my policy doesn't cover a rental car so I wasn't sure how that works. Thanks for the info!
Your policy is irrelevant because you aren't using your own insurance. You could be uninsured, you'd still have to be taken care of by the at-fault person's insurance, unless you're in one of those crappy no fault states.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ow, my back hurts

David_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Triumph Speedmaster, Ducati GT1000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out https://www.swapalease.com/ I've used them several times and you can get in a very short term lease( and can actually get paid to take it over :) on some deals). Usually need really good credit to assume someones existing lease

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cheap junker or if the dealer will work with you for short term. If you don't have specific requirements ie don't need bed, 4wd, more seating they may have something on the lot that isn't selling they will give a deal on. Otherwise you would have to use Uber or similar for months since with a scheduling this week you likely won't take delivery until December.
Sponsored