First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the 45 day "We're frustrated too: email last week so I went ahead and spent $400 to get my old car to pass inspection for another year. Monday I got a call from the dealership that my vehicle was coming off the truck! I love the new vehicle but I could have saved $400 and a day in the shop on the old vehicle! I will put my Ford Freestyle on Wheels for Charity to support Camp Holiday Trails which is a summer camp for children with special medical needs. My Freestyle is very similar to the Taurus X so the parts should have a pretty good value at auction. So far my only druther is I wish they offered fog lights on one of the packages. I used them all the time as I need to see the deer along the road rather than the tree canopy.

I ordered my original 11/3/22 as Area 51 but switched to Cactus Gray. After taking off all the options a year ago to get the Maverick I added lots of options when I transitioned to Model year 23. I have a second hybrid Maverick on order because of the confusion and it's not in production yet.
Sponsored

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm envious.
I have both a loaded Lariat and a base XLT on order but I suspect I won't see either one. I'll be one of the many 2024 orders I'm sure.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the 45 day "We're frustrated too: email last week so I went ahead and spent $400 to get my old car to pass inspection for another year. Monday I got a call from the dealership that my vehicle was coming off the truck! I love the new vehicle but I could have saved $400 and a day in the shop on the old vehicle! I will put my Ford Freestyle on Wheels for Charity to support Camp Holiday Trails which is a summer camp for children with special medical needs. My Freestyle is very similar to the Taurus X so the parts should have a pretty good value at auction. So far my only druther is I wish they offered fog lights on one of the packages. I used them all the time as I need to see the deer along the road rather than the tree canopy.

I ordered my original 11/3/22 as Area 51 but switched to Cactus Gray. After taking off all the options a year ago to get the Maverick I added lots of options when I transitioned to Model year 23. I have a second hybrid Maverick on order because of the confusion and it's not in production yet.
Got any pics to share yet, or have you not picked it up? I would agree that is a bit of a surprise to get the Dear John 45 day letter and then get a call that your truck is at dealer - no early vin, build date, ship date, arrival date, etc. Man, that has to be a record for Ford - one day to build, test, ship and deliver. Way to go Ford. LOL.

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

so much the same for me! I just picked my loaded hybrid up last week, in Goochland. I originally ordered Area 51 but switched to cactus gray.
I had drama with trying to get by with a variety of fill in cars and even time spent with no car at all. Very nice of you to contribute your patched up car to a good cause.

I also have another order that is completely empty/option-wise (except 360 and the dreaded hitch) from a dealer in PA.

Both originally ordered in 2021. I ordered the 2nd one because in 2021, they were saying the most simple builds, with no 'constraints' will be built.

Total crap shoot.

Anyway, congratulations. Hope you love it. I've only driven 100 miles, but I love my used-to-be-Area 51-now-cactus gray hybrid.

And you are in deer country, that is FOR SURE!

rJay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Pictures! I must see. :)

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my original 11/3/22 ....
I just can't understand WHY Ford takes SO DANG LONG to build these wonderful trucks! Still!
I don't know if Ford is trying to piss off their few remaining customers, or if they just don't care.

I am past due for a new F150, but I am not buying another Ford until Ford can DELIVER.
Sponsored