Sponsored

How good is the factory bed liner, I’m glad I deleted it from my truck!

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just watch a video of a factory bed liner being removed from a F150, not impressed at all the quality and prep work Is not up to my standards. Line x will be my choice for sure. I’m glad I deleted it from my built few weeks ago and my hybrid truck just got a built day 11/8

Ford Maverick How good is the factory bed liner, I’m glad I deleted it from my truck! 19FD2E87-FDFE-4EE8-B4AF-C3179270433E

Ford Maverick How good is the factory bed liner, I’m glad I deleted it from my truck! 29AD3243-1A8E-4AC5-BFAE-848259D01F8A

Ford Maverick How good is the factory bed liner, I’m glad I deleted it from my truck! 4765E675-09ED-43CE-B5FF-899AC1EF0597
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Can you post a link to the video?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Lmao they just spray it in with no prep at all?

Line-X is the better choice for sure if that's the case

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Can you post a link to the video?
Is a long vid to long to post it here is on YouTube removing Ford bedliner

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the fact it can be peeled off. I don't see scratches underneath it either.
I am not sure if the LineX can be removed that easily. Removal later may help if reselling.
It's part of the Lux Package so I am stuck with it.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lmao they just spray it in with no prep at all?

Line-X is the better choice for sure if that's the case
They don't have to prep it, its virgin paint so there are no contaminants like oils or silicon sprays or anything that might have gotten on the bed. They can just spray on an adhesion promoter and then have a machine spray in the product, its not just going to fall off. If you do have to remove it, it will take some work but the paint underneath should look factory fresh is an advantage.

I don't know why you'd even want a liner that was impossible to remove in large chunks, because if it gets damaged after 10 years of UV in the sun and you want to redo it, who wants to destroy the bed trying to chisel it off?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
They don't have to prep it, its virgin paint so there are no contaminants like oils or silicon sprays or anything that might have gotten on the bed. They can just spray on an adhesion promoter and then have a machine spray in the product, its not just going to fall off. If you do have to remove it, it will take some work but the paint underneath should look factory fresh is an advantage.

I don't know why you'd even want a liner that was impossible to remove in large chunks, because if it gets damaged after 10 years of UV in the sun and you want to redo it, who wants to destroy the bed trying to chisel it off?
It's lifetime warrantied through LineX, I wouldn't be chiseling anything

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's lifetime warrantied through LineX, I wouldn't be chiseling anything
Warrantied against what? Do you have the document available? Many warranties don't cover things they consider "normal wear and tear" or merely cosmetic like fading from black to gray in spots, and only from defects.

Some warranties will only cover the cost of the product itself and not labor (buddy found that out for his air conditioner that failed, they replaced the broken part which was super cheap I think just a $20 capacitor, but the warranty didn't cover the labor cost of diagnosing and installing it, oops).

The fact that they make the warranty details seemingly impossible to find on their website is not very promising.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That bed liner won’t last a year on my truck I’ll be using them for comercial use, on my other trucks I’m using line x with no problems and a life time warranty

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fact that they make the warranty details seemingly impossible to find on their website is not very promising.
This made me check since I plan on Line X as well (came out to $450 after shopping around).You’re right it’s not officially available or posted anywhere. But for the benefit of those like myself here’s one that someone uploaded from a local installer.

TL;DR is it warrants against cracking, bubbling, or flaking. Original owner only, non commercial use.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This made me check since I plan on Line X as well (came out to $450 after shopping around).You’re right it’s not officially available or posted anywhere. But for the benefit of those like myself here’s one that someone uploaded from a local installer.

TL;DR is it warrants against cracking, bubbling, or flaking. Original owner only, non commercial use.
OK figures, so the regular just looking like poop from UV damage isn't covered. Although granted if its not cracked, bubbles, or flaking, I guess you wouldn't have to necessarily remove the old liner and could probably just clean it really good with pressure wash and a degreaser and spray more fresh liner on top of the old faded liner.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK figures, so the regular just looking like poop from UV damage isn't covered. Although granted if its not cracked, bubbles, or flaking, I guess you wouldn't have to necessarily remove the old liner and could probably just clean it really good with pressure wash and a degreaser and spray more fresh liner on top of the old faded liner.
Right. Though if that’s a concern I’d go with the premium liner which has UV protection, or just budget to come back in for a “renewal service” later on down the line. They have some pics of before/after renewal on their website.