Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What are you able to get with a Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoost in Argentina? Can you AWD and 4K towing?

I split my time between Arizona USA and Sonora Mexico and looked at getting a Maverick in Sonora; more specifically Hermosillo, the city where they are built. (I have dual citizenship and homes in both places, so it doesn't really matter where I purchase and register a vehicle.) Unfortunately, the Maverick trims are very restricted in Mexico. While the Lariat is extremely well equipped, the 4K Towing is not available.

How long is the wait, on average, in Argentina?

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome! We really want to visit Buenos Aires.
Soon. Great city!

OP
OP
Iceman3108

Iceman3108

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are you able to get with a Maverick Lariat 2.0 EcoBoost in Argentina? Can you AWD and 4K towing?

I split my time between Arizona USA and Sonora Mexico and looked at getting a Maverick in Sonora; more specifically Hermosillo, the city where they are built. (I have dual citizenship and homes in both places, so it doesn't really matter where I purchase and register a vehicle.) Unfortunately, the Maverick trims are very restricted in Mexico. While the Lariat is extremely well equipped, the 4K Towing is not available.

Hi Peter, The only way to access in Argentina to a Maverick with a reasonable dealer price is through a Saving Plan. You subscribe to this plan through Ford, pay a monthly canon and every month you could access through a kind of raffle or biding for the best offer. You cannot access direct through a dealer..... so here there is an absurd secondary markets of Maverick owners.... listing their trucks 30/40% above FORD price list. I was selected through the raffle on the third month and cancel the truck on full. Paid 30.5 K for the Lariat Version. The extra Towing Feature is not Available in Argentina. Regards!

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi Peter, The only way to access in Argentina to a Maverick with a reasonable dealer price is through a Saving Plan. You subscribe to this plan through Ford, pay a monthly canon and every month you could access through a kind of raffle or biding for the best offer. You cannot access direct through a dealer..... so here there is an absurd secondary markets of Maverick owners.... listing their trucks 30/40% above FORD price list. I was selected through the raffle on the third month and cancel the truck on full. Paid 30.5 K for the Lariat Version. The extra Towing Feature is not Available in Argentina. Regards!
Martin,
Thank you for the information. I guess we should not complain about long lead times here in the USA. There is a Maverick in Bakersfield CA that I want, but the dealership will not accept a 10% deposit via wired money to hold the truck until next weekend. I literally can not travel there for another week, and I expect that truck to be gone. So, I continue looking and waiting for the order banks to re-open. Your price for the Lariat was good!

Onip

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hope you can visit us anytime soon! You won't regret it.
I have been in Argentina for at least two months and I fell in love with it and the people. But not with the economy .

OP
OP
Iceman3108

Iceman3108

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT LARIAT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Martin,
Thank you for the information. I guess we should not complain about long lead times here in the USA. There is a Maverick in Bakersfield CA that I want, but the dealership will not accept a 10% deposit via wired money to hold the truck until next weekend. I literally can not travel there for another week, and I expect that truck to be gone. So, I continue looking and waiting for the order banks to re-open. Your price for the Lariat was good!
Most of lucks Peter!

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The American built vehicle has better safety standards, if that matters, then I would get the American version, that is me though....this coming from a guy that drove 4 of the 1988-1993 Ford Festiva!
Sponsored