First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to a couple ford dealers on Oahu and was told additional markup of 3 to 5k. So I stayed with Orchid.
Hopefully we will get an scheduled for production email soon
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bkonick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eccboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anyone in Hawaii get a production date on a hybrid?

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check with Christian.
Congrats on taking delivery!

What was cutter's markup like? I ended up not going with them because (back in June/july) they seemed borderline incompetent and hinted that ADM was going to be several thousand.

dddinstructor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hiram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FWD, 2.0L Ecoboost Engine, 8-spd Automatic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats on taking delivery!

What was cutter's markup like? I ended up not going with them because (back in June/july) they seemed borderline incompetent and hinted that ADM was going to be several thousand.
Mahalo!

I have a good friend who deals with selling cars (not necessarily Fords), and he explained to me the current auto situation in Hawaii: low inventory + demand = dealer markup! The dealers need to keep autos on the lot and if we're not willing to pay the ADMs, our option is to wait.

For me, I haggled a little but understood the situation. Cutters ADM prior to the arrival of the vehicle was $4k. When I received it, the ADM window was $5k! Honolulu Ford is about $5k. I doubt that anyone can purchase at MSRP anytime soon based on the formula above.

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Priority19 he says that all their orders say that, I guess we don't rate here Hawaii,All we can do is wait & see as far as allocations go your guess is as good as mine. I got my Colorado 2 months after I ordered it. Ford is a mystery
I'm in Alaska... I think Alaska and Hawaii are in the same boat probably as far as wait times for the Mavericks to arrive. Hope it's soon!

Sponsored

mikebass57

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Lariat Hybrid thru Mike at Orchid Isle late June. received my order confirmation from Ford also on 6-24. Still no production date. Originally ordered XLT, and changed it to Lariat, a couple weeks late. Hopefully the change did not effect my order date.
If we are lucky, maybe we will see our trucks late Jan or early Feb.
I went to the Ford Dealership in Topeka Kansas today to move up from the XLT to the Lariat because my wife said cloth seats would be harder to keep clean. The dealership said he was told that parts for the hybrid will cause a delay until February or March.

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last edited:

HITruck

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
XL hybrid, build 11/17, shipped 12/2 with an anticipated delivery of 1/9/22. I also ordered through Mike at Orchid Isle, who said a while back that shipping would take 6-8 weeks, so we'll see. Anyone have any idea who Ford uses for shipping?

Honestly, it never occurred to me that paying over MSRP was a thing. Be interested to see how that shakes out.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aloha! We live on Maui and are thinking of switching our Bronco plans to a Maverick. I havent ordered yet, but dont think we can stomach ordering on island. I think 5k is the minimum markup here. I saw a ecosport with only 3k but I also saw a Bronco Sport Badlands with 12k markup. We did see our first Mav here last week in town. Hoping to see another and maybe do a test drive if available this week. This markup stuff is rough, we can already barely afford a new vehicle(we always drive old 80s and 90s Jeeps and Fords), and they throw on months worth of salary because we are a captive market??? Anyways if we decide the Maverick is durable enough for our lifestyle and road(my driveway is 4x4 only) we will probably order from a $0 markup + discount dealer on the the mainland, we also have Xplan so that helps. Even from the east coast shipping is less than $2500($1200 from cali). Technically (aside from income loss) we could get a roadtrip vacation and shipping and still be under island prices.

Getting excited about seeing them though. I see half a dozen Bronco Sport rentals every day at work. Ready to see some Mavericks!
Sponsored