First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know I'm not in line with the normally thinking here and not answering your question but how open are you to the idea... just keep or paint your stock wheels and you'll have ideal weight and keep hundreds to a thousand in your pocket for other stuff?

I'm not trying to impress my values on you, just lay out the info to help you make the best decision. In my experience rims are a decent $$$ that are purely cosmetic. You could plastidip what ever you got for a nice blacked out look and spend the money on something else that gets you more use / bang for your buck.

To me, black or grey wheels to the point I can't even tell if they are steelies is an amazing look. Let's the eye focus on the rest of the car (which is nice). You also don't have to worry about dinging low profile rims on a pot hole etc. My sister did that and then paid even more a few years later to replace that expensive rim. If they were normal diameter the tire would have absorbed the hit.
I did toy with this idea before. My issue is to get my stock steel wheels properly painted will run me a few hundred and then I'm stuck with steel wheels still which isn't the look I'm going for. I have steel wheels on my bronco and love it because it looks utilitarian but for the maverick it's not an off roader so I'm trying to make it more street truck. With that said I still may get a can of plastidip and try it myself to save some money and see if I like it or not temporarily.
Sponsored

Jman79

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, Honda Odessey, Ford Maverick 🤞MY24
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did toy with this idea before. My issue is to get my stock steel wheels properly painted will run me a few hundred and then I'm stuck with steel wheels still which isn't the look I'm going for. I have steel wheels on my bronco and love it because it looks utilitarian but for the maverick it's not an off roader so I'm trying to make it more street truck. With that said I still may get a can of plastidip and try it myself to save some money and see if I like it or not temporarily.
Yeah, I often find some cars catching my eye and upon closer examination realize they are blacked out steal rims. It has a very aggressive look, a conveys an idea of being all business.

I hope I wasn't too "down on wheels" kind of sentiment. The one time I up changed for better rims I did enjoy them, but a few years later(a few dings and scrapes later) I wished I'd put the capital into something that directly benefitted me more like leather, more interior features, or something.

What ever you go for, enjoy it!