First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great article. It reflects what most, if not all, auto manufacturers consider important to sustain a positive business model.

As a former regional & district rep, I used the dealer agreement to insure adherence to sound & best business practices. Should the region & national office feel there is a breach, then the dealer can potentially lose it's licensing agreement from the manufacturer should they continue to be non-compliant.

OP
OP
MojoJojo

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Great article. It reflects what most, if not all, auto manufacturers consider important to sustain a positive business model.

As a former regional & district rep, I used the dealer agreement to insure adherence to sound & best business practices. Should the region & national office feel there is a breach, then the dealer can potentially lose it's licensing agreement from the manufacturer should they continue to be non-compliant.
Which makes sense, i understand the point of business is to make profit but never understood why does it have to be the extreme. Why do dealers have to change price on a customer ordered vehicle once it arrives on the lot after months/year long wait? That to me is a form strong arming a customer and un-ethical.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perhaps FoMoCo can copy and paste and use this letter for its dealers.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which makes sense, i understand the point of business is to make profit but never understood why does it have to be the extreme. Why do dealers have to change price on a customer ordered vehicle once it arrives on the lot after months/year long wait? That to me is a form strong arming a customer and un-ethical.
Especially when they are making at or nearly 2k on every vehicle they sale. Not mention the service revenue. Between invoice to MSRP we all know they get end of month/year incentives from Ford on their sales.

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bet Ford doesn't. I think they are scared of their dealers.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps FoMoCo can copy and paste and use this letter for its dealers.
yes I agree 100% Ford is doing a little something on the lightning but a lot of people that bought Broncos and Mavericks got the shaft and the dealer got the oil well but luckily there are some good dealerships across the country just need to take our business to them.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately there are those small number of idiots who run dealers as a way to scam ppl. These bad eggs really tarnish an already hurting industry. AND there are some bad manufacturer executives that agree with the huge markup. However, most want a positive customer experience so they write letters to all dealers like this one.
Sponsored