olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So how does anyone who has Ford Pass, and therefore Ford Connect feel about FMCO following you around recording your movements, where you go, how fast and who only knows what else information they are gathering about you?
I would rather it be FMCO then some of the other companies.
Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Come on now, no need to be paranoid anymore since the conspiracy theorists say we have tracking chips in us now…
So why can't we just get those chips activated instead of connecting to Ford Connect. It isn't paranoia, I just don't like becoming a "product." Who can explain to me why we have to join and have our modem activated in order to collect reward points?

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the Mav purchase give us Ford Pass points? I'm new to Ford as well, are "free" items ever attainable or is a oil change like 50,000 points?
When I had my Fusion serviced the oil change used 10,514 points. We got 42,000 points when we purchased it and the same number of points when my wife purchased an Escape.

G Grampa Duey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Galaxy, '14 T rod, '22 XLT hot pepper.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i'm hoping my points cover my $500 bed liner at dealer.

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So why can't we just get those chips activated instead of connecting to Ford Connect. It isn't paranoia, I just don't like becoming a "product." Who can explain to me why we have to join and have our modem activated in order to collect reward points?
You are, at this moment, living in the Data Age. You can no more avoid data collection and becoming a product than our ancestor could avoid bronze and iron tools.

You've really only got two options - Learn how this new world works and moderate your exposure as best you can, or join Project Mayhem and start burning shit down.

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are, at this moment, living in the Data Age. You can no more avoid data collection and becoming a product than our ancestor could avoid bronze and iron tools.

You've really only got two options - Learn how this new world works and moderate your exposure as best you can, or join Project Mayhem and start burning shit down.
We can choose not to participate in surveillance capitalism.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So how does anyone who has Ford Pass, and therefore Ford Connect feel about FMCO following you around recording your movements, where you go, how fast and who only knows what else information they are gathering about you?
I think they will finally know what Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook, and everyone else already know about us ;)
Sponsored