Ford needs to step up

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
So, because they can't speak of it, it must be true? Again, there's no evidence of bad cranks in the Maverick, and remember they admitted to bad cranks in the Escape. What makes that different?
The reason the Escape was out there, the lawsuits had already started, and failures were occurring all over the world. Depending on the severity of the defect, these Mavericks may get 50 to 80k miles before engines start blowing. They know what engines those cranks are in and what vehicles they were installed in and the installation time frame as posted in the article.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason the Escape was out there, the lawsuits had already started, and failures were occurring all over the world. Depending on the severity of the defect, these Mavericks may get 50 to 80k miles before engines start blowing. They know what engines those cranks are in and what vehicles they were installed in and the installation time frame as posted in the article.
Depending on the severity of what defect. There hasn't been a defect connect to the Maverick.

Do you have any citation that Ford was getting sued for escape cranks. They weren't exactly happening "all over the world." It was 25 cranks causing a handful of failures with no injuries connected to the failures.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on the severity of what defect. There hasn't been a defect connect to the Maverick.

Do you have any citation that Ford was getting sued for escape cranks. They weren't exactly happening "all over the world." It was 25 cranks causing a handful of failures with no injuries connected to the failures.
You're the person that can explain the crankshaft issue. I'm very confused about the escape recall and since the Maverick uses the same 2.5l Atkinson motor, how can you install 25 bad cranks in 204 engines and only 166 were in this country. Do you see why anyone would be suspicious of Ford doing modifications. What am I missing here?

ford-recalls-escape-hybrid-over-incorrectly-manufactured-crankshaft-182969.pdf

I get it now. It could have been installed in 204 vehicles and they are all accounted for at this time. This recall mod is just to make FORD feel better about their product. NO BAD CRANKS IN MAVERICK.

Attachments

Last edited:

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no clue what you're trying to say.
I understand that the crank issue is strictly an Escape problem and FORD has identified all engines with bad cranks. NONE were installed in Mavericks and the recall fix is just a feel good for Ford and Maverick Owners. I am still going to OPT out of the recall. I still feel the holes punched in the pan will do more harm than good by opening the engine compartment to the elements.

Case Closed, now fix the brakes.

Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please tell us oh wise one what is the attachment points that holds the crankshaft into the engine block. I've assembled numerous engines & I have never heard a mechanic & parts counter person call the bearings in reciprocating parts called anything but main bearings & rod bearings. Please show me I'm wrong, not your bs your not a mechanic, well order some parts & show us all your brilliance.
Youre cute lol you know youre a winner when youre trying to prove yourself more mechanically qualified than someone else on the internet. I’m not here to prove my qualifications to you lol just getting a giggle out of what you think of yours. If you had any humility… you’d read the other critical comments from numerous other members and realize… oh ya… i’m full of poop lol anywho. Enjoy your ignorant life

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please tell us oh wise one what is the attachment points that holds the crankshaft into the engine block. I've assembled numerous engines & I have never heard a mechanic & parts counter person call the bearings in reciprocating parts called anything but main bearings & rod bearings. Please show me I'm wrong, not your bs your not a mechanic, well order some parts & show us all your brilliance.
Also as for your specific challenge… i already told you lol bearings arent for reciprocation lol theyre for rotation… but i guess as an engine rebuilder you already knew that huh….
Sponsored