Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ended the drought in a big way! My ordering dealer just received an XL AWD, asked if I wanted to check it out! Um....YEAH! 🤪

So, literally first time to lay eyes on the actual truck......physical size was about as I was expecting, interior was a pleasant surprise. Oddly, the first thing inside that stood out to me was the oddly angled meter panel....kind of slants down. At 6'4", very noticeable, but not necessarily a bad thing, just different. Front seat room is impressive! again, at 6'4" this is important! I was able to find a very comfy seating position. Oddly, this base white XL had one option (other than powertrain), a sunroof! I still had several inches of head room. (I did not order a S/R)

Sitting behind myself, a had to spread my knees to either side of the seat back, and was pretty comfy. With slight adjustments to my drivers position, I could actually get my knees behind the seat. Again, impressive given the size of the truck. I wouldn't want to be back there too long, tho.

Overall interior F&F in the XL was really nice. Better than I was expecting. Everything was simple, solid, and functional, but didn't feel "cheap". Can't wait to see my Lariat!

The test drive was also better than I was expecting. The 2.0L is lively, with typical 4cyl. buzziness, but nothing unacceptable. It's cool to still hear the turbo spooling....always loved that with my 2.7 F150. The ride was very nice....firm but not harsh, with good yaw & pitch control. Definitely not your typical "truck" driving experience! Steering is a little vague on center, but nicely weighted, and responsive. Road, wind, and tire noise are at very good levels considering the pricepoint. Definitely more invasive than my F150, but to be expected, and not extremely so. Again, very acceptable.

So yeah, I'm impressed! Really excited to get my mine, hopefully next spring/summer. 🤠
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exciting, congrats! Back to the Waiting game but at least you know it’s a good fit for you