Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Finally got my Maverick ! PXL_20230930_192250236~3

After waiting well over a year I finally got my XL hybrid Maverick Thursday and I love it. The nice thing about the wait is I could research and plan all the modifications I wanted to do.

The list of what I've installed so far in the few days I've had the truck.

-Power tailgate lock: added wires to factory harness and used generic actuator following instructions posted on MTC, only cost about $20 and an hour or so of time.

-LED Bed lighting: LED light strips mounted under the rails, turn on automatically when bed is open, can be turned off using illuminated switch. I used a magnetic switch and a relay, probably make a more detailed post later.

- Installed XLT wheels purchased from another member, made a huge improvement in looks.

- Splash guards.

- AVS Bugflector II

- BAKflip MX4 tonneau cover.

- Tailgate dampener

- Ran wires from fusebox to to kia auto dimming mirror and dashcam, concealed behind trim. Both have constant and accessory power requirements.

-Infotainment screen protector.

-Rust protection: sprayed "Surface Shield", I removed the spare tire, wheel well liners, taillights, and all the underbody covers to get to as much as possible, still have to figure out the clips for the rockers so I can do those. This was definitely the biggest PITA of all, especially without a lift.

So far I couldn't be happier with this truck, it's not perfect but it's an amazing value and fits my needs perfectly.
Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PXL_20230930_192250236~3.jpg

After waiting well over a year I finally got my XL hybrid Maverick Thursday and I love it. The nice thing about the wait is I could research and plan all the modifications I wanted to do.

The list of what I've installed so far in the few days I've had the truck.

-Power tailgate lock: added wires to factory harness and used generic actuator following instructions posted on MTC, only cost about $20 and an hour or so of time.

-LED Bed lighting: LED light strips mounted under the rails, turn on automatically when bed is open, can be turned off using illuminated switch. I used a magnetic switch and a relay, probably make a more detailed post later.

- Installed XLT wheels purchased from another member, made a huge improvement in looks.

- Splash guards.

- AVS Bugflector II

- BAKflip MX4 tonneau cover.

- Tailgate dampener

- Ran wires from fusebox to to kia auto dimming mirror and dashcam, concealed behind trim. Both have constant and accessory power requirements.

-Infotainment screen protector.

-Rust protection: sprayed "Surface Shield", I removed the spare tire, wheel well liners, taillights, and all the underbody covers to get to as much as possible, still have to figure out the clips for the rockers so I can do those. This was definitely the biggest PITA of all, especially without a lift.

So far I couldn't be happier with this truck, it's not perfect but it's an amazing value and fits my needs perfectly.
Really like your wheels, whole lot nicer looking than my 18 lariat wheels. Never have liked two tone wheels, chrome and black just donā€™t get it for me.

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really like your wheels, whole lot nicer looking than my 18 lariat wheels. Never have liked two tone wheels, chrome and black just donā€™t get it for me.
I bought an XL, IMO the XLT wheels look incredible on the truck with this color, the steelies looked cheap. Probably the best upgrade of all that I've done.

Lariat is nice but I'm not a fan of some of the color choices, not my style. I'm coming from a 2008 base 5spd civic so I'm already having tech overload.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought an XL, IMO the XLT wheels look incredible on the truck with this color, the steelies looked cheap. Probably the best upgrade of all that I've done.

Lariat is nice but I'm not a fan of some of the color choices, not my style. I'm coming from a 2008 base 5spd civic so I'm already having tech overload.
Mine is cactus gray,I wanted the lariat with lux package as it has the reverse sensing system. Iā€™ve done very few mods. Roll up soft bed cover, light tinted front windows, black tailgate lettering, tailgate damper and vinyl lower body black graphics. Havenā€™t got the vinyl graphics on yet as I think I need to let someone else do it.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking good!!!!šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘€ I have a 22 Lariat, but that is one good looking XL. Good job and enjoy!!šŸ˜ƒ

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Area 51 was my first color choice, but I didnā€™t want to wait so when I found this Cactus gray lariat and the dealer offered me a good deal I grabbed it. Itā€™s an AWD with lux package and co-pilot 360. Iā€™ve put 14K miles on it since I bought it last December averaging 33.5mpg so Iā€™m happy with it.
Sponsored