Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Think I've mentioned it before, but each week now for months on end I run a series queries that covers the entire USA (with about 17 searches). You can hack the URLs and save the quieries to a set of tabs and run them each week. Took about 2 hours to setup way back in October. Bear in mind, it will cost me about $1k to fly out to the majority of these vehicles and drive them home... So that's factored into my overall costs of purchase.

Anyway, what I've noticed is at least now when I inquire about Mavericks that are listed in dealer inventories , salesmen are calling me back. They are telling me from $5k to $10k over MSRP, but they are calling me back. For months no one was calling back. So maybe, just maybe I'll find that Maverick instead of waiting until August for the Order Banks re-opening (and then another 6 months after that to get your truck built).

So, I ran my queries last Thursday night and clicked the get pricing on about 6 of them (my minimum requirements: XLTs, EB, AWD, 4K, rear sliders, Cactus or HRP)... Today, 4 salesmen called on me. 2 Had the vehicles I asked about available at $5K and $7.5 above MSRP... A 3rd had an alternative Lariat available for $10k above MSRP... the 4th had nothing, but was returning the call becuase that's the nice thing to do.

Hopefully with the 3rd shift being added to Hermosillo in July the availability situation will improve for MY2024. Saw a very nice Cactus Grey Maverick Lariat AWD in Navajoa Sonora (about 3 1/2hrs south of Hermosillo) about two weeks ago... However, Mexican Mavericks don't offer the 4KTow package... Deal breaker for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FischAutoTechGarten

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Was similar to you. Searched for months. Got one at MSRP in TX. Flew out next day and drove 1500 miles home in one sitting.
Yeah, I'm not even as picky as I portend... really it's EB/AWD/4kTow and RearSlider and color (cactus, hpr, or even white) that are important. I certainly would by willing to spend for higher trims and luxury packages to get that.

I'm hoping the diligence pays off. It doesn't take much time once or twice a week to run my queries and ask the dealers about the 5 or 6 that come up each week that I like.

I couldn't do 1500 miles in one setting... Wow... Maybe when I was younger and it involved a girl at the end of the trip....

For the longest time I was super willing to just wait it out for MY2024 order banks... Maybe in the end that is what will happen.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I'm not even as picky as I portend... really it's EB/AWD/4kTow and RearSlider and color (cactus, hpr, or even white) that are important. I certainly would by willing to spend for higher trims and luxury packages to get that.

I'm hoping the diligence pays off. It doesn't take much time once or twice a week to run my queries and ask the dealers about the 5 or 6 that come up each week that I like.

I couldn't do 1500 miles in one setting... Wow... Maybe when I was younger and it involved a girl at the end of the trip....

For the longest time I was super willing to just wait it out for MY2024 order banks... Maybe in the end that is what will happen.
I just have to think you will find an EB that meets your needs without waiting on MY24.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a lot of searching as well. I now have an XLT Hybrid for my wife and a Lariat Hybrid for myself (order that finally came in). Previously I had purchased just about what you are looking for, but with Off road pkg. In all my searching, I found two places that charge around $2,500 to $3K over. One is Mack Haik in Georgetown, TX and the other is Dorian Ford in the Detroit, MI area. I flew up to Detroit and bought my wife's Lariat and bought my XLT EB in Georgetown.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FischAutoTechGarten

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hadn't run this search in a while because quite frankly it hadn't been turning up much in terms of what's on dealer's lots for sale that aren't significantly above MSRP.

I ran it today... all 17 queries (different zone of the USA)...
My criteria is very specific: XLT Ecoboost AWD priced over $29k in Hot Pepper Red, Cactus Grey, Oxford White, Area51 (though I'd never get Area51 now, it's appeal has worn off).

I got a TON of results. Last year all the way through April I'd see nominally 1 to 7 cars in each of my queries. I'm now seeing nominally 6 to 20. (a couple of 5s and even 1 22) in each of the 17 queries. Already found a few I would buy, left messages with the dealers to check the prices and make sure that they aren't customer orders that will be taken up.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a call today from Peoria Ford in Peoria, AZ that they had 2 EB's ready to sell, but did not got details because I already have to Hybrids. Might want to check with them.
Sponsored