Estimated Build Date Graph

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
So made a few graphs to illustrate when you MIGHT expect YOUR Maverick to be built based on when you ordered.
Using numbers from how many reservations were made and assuming 70% order rate. Comparing that to production numbers which (fingers crossed) have been hovering around 6k units per month for the last 3 months. (Hopefully that increases).

these will be updated monthly as production numbers come in.

However there are other factors that contribute to Build Dates other than Reservation date.

1 Dealer allocation. Larger dealers get more Mavericks than smaller.

2 Maverick Configuration, hybrids are going to take longer to build, as well as Lariats or LUX/ High packages requiring more chips.

these graphs are just to help approximate when you COULD expect your Maverick.

First is the Weeks reservations. From reveal to then end of 2021.
Ford Maverick Estimated Build Date Graph 0E5E1D72-855C-4C4F-BEAC-205C3B941DAD

blue line is Monthly orders based on reservation date. Green is total.
Hard to know EXACTLY how many orders there are, but this is a close guestimation.

Then heres the monthly production numbers. Will be updated Monthly to reflect current production numbers.
(Updated May 25, 2022)
Ford Maverick Estimated Build Date Graph 51B1A048-E661-4ACB-B4E1-FBA552C3F120

blue line is the monthly production numbers, green is projected (3 month average)
Grey/black line is total.

as you can see based on when your placed your reservation, you can get a general idea of when you could see your maverick. Again there are other factors. If you have a more simple build with the 2.0 your likely gonna get it earlier than a complex hybrid.

I think its safe to say if you have a order for a 2.0 currently you will definitely get it before the new year. If you have a current order for a hybrid, they COULD be done by the end of the year. But the farther down the reservation list you are, the lest likely thats going to happen unfortunately.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So made a few graphs to illustrate when you MIGHT expect YOUR Maverick to be built based on when you ordered.
Using numbers from how many reservations were made and assuming 70% order rate. Comparing that to production numbers which (fingers crossed) have been hovering around 6k units per month for the last 3 months. (Hopefully that increases).

these will be updated monthly as production numbers come in.

However there are other factors that contribute to Build Dates other than Reservation date.

1 Dealer allocation. Larger dealers get more Mavericks than smaller.

2 Maverick Configuration, hybrids are going to take longer to build, as well as Lariats or LUX/ High packages requiring more chips.

these graphs are just to help approximate when you COULD expect your Maverick.

First is the Weeks reservations. From reveal to then end of 2021.
0E5E1D72-855C-4C4F-BEAC-205C3B941DAD.jpeg

blue line is Monthly orders based on reservation date. Green is total.
Hard to know EXACTLY how many orders there are, but this is a close guestimation.

Then heres the monthly production numbers.
View attachment 33574
blue line is the monthly production numbers, green is projected.
Grey/black line is total.

as you can see based on when your placed your reservation, you can get a general idea of when you could see your maverick. Again there are other factors. If you have a more simple build with the 2.0 your likely gonna get it earlier than a complex hybrid.
Good post. It would be interesting to see Hybrid vs. Ecoboost. We know EcoBoosts are getting scheduled very quickly after the new Hybrid month push out production delays that started this week.

Also, we know the plant is capable of much more than 6,000 per month. Should supplies start to become more regular, those production numbers could go up.

But 6,000 seems very reasonable to use for a basis at this point. With the current constraints happening right now, it could go down further before it goes up.

Great work!

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good post. It would be interesting to see Hybrid vs. Ecoboost. We know EcoBoosts are getting scheduled very quickly after the new Hybrid month push out production delays that started this week.

Also, we know the plant is capable of much more than 6,000 per month. Should supplies start to become more regular, those production numbers could go up.

But 6,000 seems very reasonable to use for a basis at this point. With the current constraints happening right now, it could go down further before it goes up.

Great work!
Thank you very much. And just using the rolling 3 month average. I will update monthly. Both current numbers and projected. So this graph could get better or god forbid worse based on production.
But yes I believe they could crank out up to 10,000 or so. I think the capacity is over 200,000+ units a year (bronco sport and maverick combined)

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After looking at the constraints/builds percentage post, I was wondering just exactly when I might see my truck. Thanks for generating these very useful graphs. I will have to figure out what to do these next 10 months without a proper truck. :confused:

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After looking at the constraints/builds percentage post, I was wondering just exactly when I might see my truck. Thanks for generating these very useful graphs. I will have to figure out what to do these next 10 months without a proper truck. :confused:
Yea your gonna be towards q4 with a hybrid late order. So long as there are no more delays

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does dealer allocation play into it if the ROVP creates an allocation above what the dealers allocation would otherwise be? Confuses me

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does dealer allocation play into it if the ROVP creates an allocation above what the dealers allocation would otherwise be? Confuses me
each dealer is given a maximum of each vehicle. Based on sales. That INCLUDES reservations and orders because they are still making a profit. So to “fair” to all the dealers.
Its not fair to the consumer but it is what it is.

so say a large dealer is allowed 100 Mavericks a year. If they have 120 orders. 20 of those orders will have to wait till next year. And if a dealer wants ANY inventory they will have to wait until the orders are filled.

but if a small dealer only is allow 20 mavericks. But only has 15 orders, after those 15 are filled they could get 5 more or inventory.

the thing is. Some mavericks are easier to build (ie XL and XLT 2.0) so their may be a surplus. More mavericks than orders. So dealers could sell those to new customers by having them order that day then get it in a week or 2. Basically jumping the line. But that counts towards their allocation. Pushing orders back.

but most people dont want to change dealers meaning they will have to wait longer.

its very messed up. But i can see why ford is doing it for the dealers sake. And it probably wouldnt be as big of a deal if there wasnt any supply issues and ford could build the in demand packages.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
each dealer is given a maximum of each vehicle. Based on sales. That INCLUDES reservations and orders because they are still making a profit. So to “fair” to all the dealers.
Its not fair to the consumer but it is what it is.

so say a large dealer is allowed 100 Mavericks a year. If they have 120 orders. 20 of those orders will have to wait till next year. And if a dealer wants ANY inventory they will have to wait until the orders are filled.

but if a small dealer only is allow 20 mavericks. But only has 15 orders, after those 15 are filled they could get 5 more or inventory.

the thing is. Some mavericks are easier to build (ie XL and XLT 2.0) so their may be a surplus. More mavericks than orders. So dealers could sell those to new customers by having them order that day then get it in a week or 2. Basically jumping the line. But that counts towards their allocation. Pushing orders back.

but most people dont want to change dealers meaning they will have to wait longer.

its very messed up. But i can see why ford is doing it for the dealers sake. And it probably wouldnt be as big of a deal if there wasnt any supply issues and ford could build the in demand packages.
How do you know what the dealers yearly allocation limit is?

Seems the ROVP program is stupid then. You could have one on order where your dealer has zero chance of getting to you, and you would never know you would just be on infinite wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you know what the dealers yearly allocation limit is?

Seems the ROVP program is stupid then. You could have one on order where your dealer has zero chance of getting to you, and you would never know you would just be on infinite wait.
Theres no way of truly knowing with out asking. As well as no way of knowing how many orders they currently have.
thats why you see some people getting told they wont get theirs till 2023 because theyre over their 2022 limit.

i understand why tho, its to not hurt the dealerships bottom line (especially after their rough year they had last year)

but yes is screwing over the customers in favor of helping dealers

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Theres no way of truly knowing with out asking. As well as no way of knowing how many orders they currently have.
thats why you see some people getting told they wont get theirs till 2023 because theyre over their 2022 limit.

i understand why tho, its to not hurt the dealerships bottom line (especially after their rough year they had last year)

but yes is screwing over the customers in favor of helping dealers
You should be able to get that info from ford, they should be forthcoming. I mean why make people wait a year only to find out they still won’t get their maverick because the dealer doesn’t have enough allocation? At that point let them decide to wait for two or three years or go buy a Tacoma or Santa Cruz etc or reorder at a dealer that has open allocations

truly stupid business model

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to get that info from ford, they should be forthcoming. I mean why make people wait a year only to find out they still won’t get their maverick because the dealer doesn’t have enough allocation? At that point let them decide to wait for two or three years or go buy a Tacoma or Santa Cruz etc or reorder at a dealer that has open allocations

truly stupid business model
i dont think the allocation process itself is the problem but the supply chain issue is.
I think if there was 0 supply chain issues the last orders would only be a month or 2 apart or so.
But because there supply issues, some people can “cut in line” by ordering a maverick with no issues.
Sponsored