First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not seen any DIY solutions for bed racks or systems for mounting Kayaks. There seem to be a lot of aftermarket options and some I have seen welded together, but has anyone thought up something easy to do that only requires standard tools.
Sponsored

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
I have not seen any DIY solutions for bed racks or systems for mounting Kayaks. There seem to be a lot of aftermarket options and some I have seen welded together, but has anyone thought up something easy to do that only requires standard tools.
If my maverick ever gets delivered I’ll start try to figure out how to carry a kayak.

OP
OP
Guilla

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If my maverick ever gets delivered I’ll start try to figure out how to carry a kayak.
Nice, yeah my build date just jumped up two weeks after being delayed a month, so who knows when I will see mine as well. I do have a very old yard trailer that i may convert into something that can go on the interstate but I also would like to see some easy DIY rack solutions (even if not for Kayaks just to have a nice rack on there)

OP
OP
Guilla

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm planning on using unistrut when my truck gets here.
Thanks for sharing, I have not looked at Unistrut before. It looks like I may be able to design something simple to mount into the bed rails with these. I also like that you could run electrical through them, for perhaps some LED options higher up to illuminate around your truck if loading at night.