Sponsored

Dealer didn’t fasten skid plate and nuts are missing, can someone post a photo of tremor skid plate for me?

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well besides being apologetic they offered nothing. Asked could they replace my FordPass points (which is how I paid for the service) and the guy laughed and said that would take an “Act of God” through Ford. Never offered a free oil change or anything afterward. Needless to say that dealership has lost my business forever. Luckily there’s a few the same distance from me.
Get a free detail or a tank of gas, ask for service manager, they are negotiable
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
guy laughed and said that would take an “Act of God” through Ford. Never offered a free oil change or anything afterward.
He needs reminding it wasn't an act of Ford that screwed the pooch it was his tech, his responsibility not Ford's.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will not be taking my FX4 offroad, can I just leave the skid plate off? The most off roading I will do is gravel driveways and unpaved roads.
The Mavericks with out skid plates have a plastic cover in the same place.
The skid plate or cover direct air flow for proper cooling and aerodynamics. On the fx4 the PTU is air cooled and the skid plate works to send air to it.
Also if you ever drive in the rain the skid plate or cover keeps water out of your alternator.
Sponsored