First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing I have not figured out yet and don't recall seeing in the manual. Is there a way to go to the next preset without touching the screen. It doesn't seem to be on the steering wheel, and the buttons on the 'radio' are just seek buttons.... :unsure:
I don’t know if this helps, but on my XLT (Sync 2.5), pressing the steering wheel Skip Fwd and Skip Bkwd cycle through the presets while the radio Skip Fwd and Skip Bkwd buttons seek forwards and backwards.
Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t know if this helps, but on my XLT (Sync 2.5), pressing the steering wheel Skip Fwd and Skip Bkwd cycle through the presets while the radio Skip Fwd and Skip Bkwd buttons seek forwards and backwards.
Hummm... I have a XLT... am I just missing the buttons on the steering wheel? I only see the up/down for the cruise control

Mike_Sam

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hummm... I have a XLT... am I just missing the buttons on the steering wheel? I only see the up/down for the cruise control
They are on the bottom of the right hand side of the steering wheel. They reuse the ‘call’ and ‘hang up’ buttons. I’ve attached a picture with the buttons circled in red:
Ford Maverick Day 4 first impressions IMG_7091

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are on the bottom of the right hand side of the steering wheel. They reuse the ‘call’ and ‘hang up’ buttons. I’ve attached a picture with the buttons circled in red:
IMG_7091.jpeg
Thanks for the extra effort...... this morning on my drive into work I noticed them and realized they were not just for hands free calling. It seems like all buttons on the Maverick are opposite of my 2014 Rogue, stuff on the right is now on the left, lock and unlock are swapped....it's taking some learning. 🙃

Thanks again

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was talking from experience I had a young child ran out in front of my Maverick although I did see him and I was on the brake the truck stopped immediately in its tracks faster then my foot could push the pedal to the floor. Of course I was driving at the proper speed because even the brake assist can't over ride the properties of physics like driving too fast! As you say thank God. Couldn't live with myself if I had hit the child.
My Wife was coming to a traffic light , distracted, and it took over. Again Thank God for technology. Especially when it comes to pedestrians.

Sponsored

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as WiFi goes, check okla speed test from inside your car using your phone. If you're not getting 50MB or greater, then I'd look at another solution. Like a mesh network.
Be aware that a speed test done on the phone may not be an accurate indicator of the bandwidth when used as a hotspot. You need to connect to the hotspot with a computer then run the test on the computer.

I can get close to 100 Mbps on the phone but T-Mobile throttles hot spot bandwidth to 512 kbps. It took a couple hours to update my truck but it got there.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be aware that a speed test done on the phone may not be an accurate indicator of the bandwidth when used as a hotspot. You need to connect to the hotspot with a computer then run the test on the computer.

I can get close to 100 Mbps on the phone but T-Mobile throttles hot spot bandwidth to 512 kbps. It took a couple hours to update my truck but it got there.
I didn't say anything about a hotspot. He was talking about trying to connect to his home's wifi
Sponsored