JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried covering with a wrap the white part of the dash that looks like a piece taken out of a port a potty?

Maybe some slick lookin decals? Plasti Dip?

Maybe someone can design like a pre cut peel away vinyl decals for it. Like those fake carbon inlays? I'll buy some
Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the port a potty dash as it is. Over time anything stuck on it will probably shrink and have to be redone due to heat (at least where I live in Hot CA.).

You might make a template yourself and take it to a graphics shop and have them make you a stick-on decal. If it works you could make more for those waiting in line to cover their dash.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the port a potty dash as it is. Over time anything stuck on it will probably shrink and have to be redone due to heat (at least where I live in Hot CA.).

You might make a template yourself and take it to a graphics shop and have them make you a stick-on decal. If it works you could make more for those waiting in line to cover their dash.

I'm in CA too! How do you think the paint being so thin would hold up during these strings of heat waves? I park outside.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in CA too! How do you think the paint being so thin would hold up during these strings of heat waves? I park outside.
Like anything else I buy, I try to take care of it best I can. Things will last as long as they last and with a little help it might be a long time. Who knows.

Ford does have a warranty if the paint falls off. I washed, clayed and waxed my white truck in the first 3 days I owned it. That is all it gets and will be redone again before a year is out. I hand wash when cool and shady and stay away from automated car washes. I actually have a garage so I expect my truck will look good longer than those that can't be parked in a garage but that would be true of any vehicle old or new. I bought a cheap truck and don't expect its paint to be anything like the quality I got on my white 1989 240 Volvo wagon that cost more than this truck in 89.
Sponsored