First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live on the water in Galveston so have used Boeshield, Fluid film, Club Car battery terminal spray, and others to prevent rust. I had my F150 Ziebarted, but they are no longer in Houston. I've narrowed it down to the Club Car spray and Corrosion X Aviation to protect parts of my Maverick that will be outdoors full time. Any advice or thoughts about this and especially the Corrosion X Aviation?
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I worked 45 years in aircraft maintenance and can recommend corrosion X for aircraft but have zero experience using it on cars or trucks....actually didn't know anyone was doing that. But it is an excellent product that works well and lasts a long time. I'd say go for it.

I'm familiar with fluid film and have used that on my off road vehicles and lawn mowers. It's a good product but does not last very long in my experience. Sorry, I've never heard of Car Club spray.

OP
OP
IslaDelDan

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I worked 45 years in aircraft maintenance and can recommend corrosion X for aircraft but have zero experience using it on cars or trucks....actually didn't know anyone was doing that. But it is an excellent product that works well and lasts a long time. I'd say go for it.

I'm familiar with fluid film and have used that on my off road vehicles and lawn mowers. It's a good product but does not last very long in my experience. Sorry, I've never heard of Car Club spray.
Appreciate your input - I've used other Corrosion x products and they are excellent - think I'll try the aircraft specific product. The Club Car spray is waxy and stays on for years - I've used in on our golf carts - battery terminals and on parts of my F150 engine for years - it is a good product - but is waxy.
Sponsored