Sponsored

Canadian order monitoring

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Hey all- late to the party but I just signed my paperwork for a Maverick (XLT w/ 2.5 hybrid, Lux Package, CoPilot) last night. With the different order tracking processes and potentially different build timelines for the CAN and US market, figured it might be helpful to have a thread where we can consolidate what all the steps from order placement to delivery scheduling look like for the Canadian orders. For those of you who placed orders earlier, what have the steps looked like for you to this point?
Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Any luck fighting the finance rates/price? I'm looking to take the plunge but really wanna sit in one first

OP
OP

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Yeah I was a little uneasy ordering without ever seeing one...but on paper it seems like exactly what my family is looking for so decided to just go for it. Figure the dealer will probably be happy to keep it and mark it up if I don't want it for some reason on delivery.

I was able to get a decent deal...I'm in the GTA with a lot of dealers in driving distance so I was able to shop around a bit and got one dealer that was willing to go a bit under MSRP on my build.

Last edited:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I assumed Canadian order processing was just like American order pricing, but much more polite. And that you had to do alloc on the ice allocs being distributed based on penalty box minutes and goals scored.

OP
OP

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Nah, but I do get the feeling that Canadian dealers are excessively polite as far as getting orders scheduled. You go ahead, no after you I insist…

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Yeah I was a little uneasy ordering without ever seeing one...but on paper it seems like exactly what my family is looking for so decided to just go for it. Figure the dealer will probably be happy to keep it and mark it up if I don't want it for some reason on delivery.

I was able to get a decent deal...I'm in the GTA with a lot of dealers in driving distance so I was able to shop around a bit and got one dealer that was willing to go a bit under MSRP on my build.
I'm also in the GTA! Care to share (or pm) the dealer name?

Here's to a maverick meet up one day

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Has anyone here driven past the Oakville ford plant lately? They had Mavericks parked outside a couple weeks ago, curious if they're still there...

We should also have a maverick showing thread , report which Canadian dealers are having trainers sent, so far none that I've asked in the GTA

OP
OP

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Has anyone here driven past the Oakville ford plant lately? They had Mavericks parked outside a couple weeks ago, curious if they're still there...

We should also have a maverick showing thread , report which Canadian dealers are having trainers sent, so far none that I've asked in the GTA
That's interesting on Oakville, hadn't heard that there were units there. I don't pass by that way much but if I do I'll keep an eye out.

Claymore

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Journey
Any luck fighting the finance rates/price? I'm looking to take the plunge but really wanna sit in one first
I'm 6' 3" 325 lbs. Ordered my XLT 6/19 & have not heard a thing other than Nov. delivery.
Dealer says I had their first order & they have had plenty since but no notifications from Ford.
Will wait till the end of Aug. & repeat my request for a follow up as to scheduling & build info.
Sat in a 2021 Bronco which is rated to be a slightly smaller interior to the Mav & I had plenty of room, very comfortable.
Fortunately no financing on my part ........ a trade & cash deal only.
XLT Oxford White
2.0 Eco
Lux Pkg
FX 4 Pkg
Tow Pkg
Mud Guards
Tonneau Tri Fold
Wind Deflectors
All Weather Mats
Hood Deflector

Sponsored
OP
OP

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Where did you get your Nov delivery date from? Did Ford send you an email after you placed the order with your dealer? Or is that just your dealer relaying a date to you.

Claymore

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Journey
Where did you get your Nov delivery date from? Did Ford send you an email after you placed the order with your dealer? Or is that just your dealer relaying a date to you.
Dealer relayed info to me after a few changes made to my order. This is one reason I'm giving them till the end of Aug. & then hit them with a more direct approach etc!!!!!!!!

OP
OP

pcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Park Avenue
Any Canucks hearing anything on their orders? Radio silence for me but I’m in that boat with a bunch of other Hybrid builds…

Theres an XLT sitting on the lot at East Court Ford in Markham, just drove by and looked at it today. First time getting an in-person look at the size/styling.

akirk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Quad Cab, XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my XLT LUX package Cactus Grey Maverick in August and crickets ever since. Ordered in small town dealership that my dad works for. I have tonneau and spray in liner which is the reason for delay. I hope to hear soon when it will be here because my 2019 Ecosport is continuing to get powertrain malfunctions.

EDITED*** Just heard from my dealership that my scheduled build date is week of Jan 17. I have a VIN already which I find a little odd since it's not been built yet.

Last edited:

BoixePoser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tenzin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
today i called Erinwood ford in mississauga and i was told i won't get a hybrid model till summer of 2023 haha
Sponsored