Ford Fusion
are you buying the Maverick or leasing?
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
This will hopefully be a ten year vehicle for me. I want to keep it a while.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I read this truck won't lease well a month ago. Well at least the xl

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m thinking of leasing and then buying it out at the end if I’m still happy. I’m afraid they will come out with a version I “must” have and a lease will make the transition easier

Sponsored

OP
OP

phillies07

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
I’m thinking of leasing and then buying it out at the end if I’m still happy. I’m afraid they will come out with a version I “must” have and a lease will make the transition easier
I was going to buy but I’m with you. Leaning on leasing then see how I feel at the end about buying it out

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I leased my last Ranger in 2006 because the monthly payments were far less than buying it even after the initial signing fees figured in. I liked the truck and kept in pristine condition so not charged at end of term, but the buyout total was MORE than buying a brand new 1 off the lot! Make sure all those numbers work out for you at the end since every $ you paid from lease inception is 100% lost and you may come out ahead buying the Mav and re-selling or trading in at a similar point as you would have the lease ending.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Depending on the incentives, tempted to lease this one. I think when the chip shortage is over, Ford will fill in missing features like Sync 4 and fog lights and make some revisions for a refresh by the time a lease is up. Plus it's a new product line so who knows what resale is like.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depending on the incentives, tempted to lease this one. I think when the chip shortage is over, Ford will fill in missing features like Sync 4 and fog lights and make some revisions for a refresh by the time a lease is up. Plus it's a new product line so who knows what resale is like.
Yes and amen on the fog lites. I haven’t had a vehicle without fog lights for over 25 years..... a must in my area during the winter with valley fog. I think Ford will respond to many that have mentioned that need and fill in the lower front valance with an optional fog lite package. After market will also show up.... but when? I prefer to own the Maverick outright and I hope it has FORD fog lites...... someday. Good luck with your plan as it sounds very sound especially with the resale issue.

OP
OP

phillies07

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Yes and amen on the fog lites. I haven’t had a vehicle without fog lights for over 25 years..... a must in my area during the winter with valley fog. I think Ford will respond to many that have mentioned that need and fill in the lower front valance with an optional fog lite package. After market will also show up.... but when? I prefer to own the Maverick outright and I hope it has FORD fog lites...... someday. Good luck with your plan as it sounds very sound especially with the resale issue.
Wondering if the hold out on the fog lights points to them offering a Maverick Sport or as one article mentioned a “Rattler” named Mav on par with f150 Raptor. It is annoying not to have fog lamps though. Like you I haven’t had a car without fog lamps in
Over 20 years
Sponsored