Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Two questions on the hard roll-ups:

1) Can you stop anywhere along the roll or is it fully open/fully closed?

2) Which roll-up cover is the easiest to remove? Sure you can roll it up but it will still take up space at the front and occasionally need the full bed access.
The sentry needs to be rolled all the way up and secured with straps. Not sure if BAK or others have halfway roll options? would think with the design not possible. For 2 I would say definitely the Sentry - it has a latch under each side when rolled up you release then pull it up. very quick and easy
Sponsored

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A low-budget tri-fold from The 'zon.

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? IMG_20220629_093406583

Have not been out in the rain yet, but it fits well front-to-tailgate, and centered on the sides without any gap. The tension on the hold-down thingys is adjustable. The fabric is taught, and supposedly guaranteed for 3 years.
Not the best picture, but in person it looks nice, IMO.
I figured as often as I would need folded access, I can remove it in about 3 minutes, so am not worried about blocking the view aft.
If I really want a long-lasting cover after having this one, I will look closer, but felt this was "putting my toes in first" to see if it was something I liked.
About $230
tom

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The sentry needs to be rolled all the way up and secured with straps. Not sure if BAK or others have halfway roll options? would think with the design not possible. For 2 I would say definitely the Sentry - it has a latch under each side when rolled up you release then pull it up. very quick and easy
Good to know the Sentry is quick to remove, but it just came to me about the roll-up needing to be all the way. I've seen some soft roll-ups using velcro to stay in place, but would be annoying if I need to roll it all the way up to access the bed for a few minutes.

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good to know the Sentry is quick to remove, but it just came to me about the roll-up needing to be all the way. I've seen some soft roll-ups using velcro to stay in place, but would be annoying if I need to roll it all the way up to access the bed for a few minutes.
Only needs to be rolled all the way up and straps connected when driving. When loading/unloading even on an incline you can partially roll as short or far as you‘d like. Really is a nicely designed cover, if not the best one out there.

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? E5F8D017-FD91-476A-A6BE-B604F7379571

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? 76ECC1DD-C5E4-461D-B151-7EB3E36A5DF4

Islandman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our Maverick Lariat came with soft Tri fold tonndeau from Ford. It was on an unpainted bed. I added a bed rug and a couple of wood pieces for the flex bed slots now it is perfect!! Have used it a ton! 1200 mile drive in windy conditions and no issues. It moves but does not flap! Some minor water drops but it is just fine!

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? 22304DF2-1563-4800-B7D5-458161DB1E40

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? E967103A-447E-4B07-9FDE-245D255D1DA0

Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? 69284C9D-DC40-4901-A5E7-0DE98040081F

Sponsored

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have not had any water issues in the bed. This cover has heavy-duty matte black aluminum slats that are pressure-bonded to the fabric. There are built-in rubber seals in front, underside rails, and rollup header bar designed to keep your cargo dry. My daily drive to work is mostly interstate travel and I don't experience flapping with this cover. The slam latch, security latch in the center of the cover and the flow-profile design keeps the cover secure while traveling.
brand?

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this on Amazon for $700, hard tri-fold which was easy to install and has the quick release open. Xcover is the brand.
Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? 20230218_140222

Brutus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truxedo Sentry CT Tonneau Hard Rollup Cover
Ford Maverick Best fit bed cover. Tri-fold, rollup? Image 1
Sponsored