First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD CP360, 4K tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to share an experience here. Purchased a new Maverick at MSRP beginning of February so good on them. During the f&i discussion the first bad part was I brought up the extended warranty through Granger and wanted to give them the oppurtunity to at least come close and the f&i manager seemed to get agitated and in nicer words told me to fuck off and go buy it from them then since he couldn't even come close. Ended up speeding through the paperwork and even refused the delivery process of going over the features etc... because I was already mad.

Now about 2 months later I called to make an appt for the first free oil change and inspection and get a couple warranty issues addressed. And for reference mentioned this over the phone and was told to bring in the paperwork with me and it would be no problem. After arriving, the service advisor started asking which "package" I wanted to go with and I said whatever is included in the free change and all of a sudden it became a big deal because apparently they don't offer free oil changes on new vehicles, only used. Also, the salesman/f&i was supposed to make the initial appt at the time of delivery and never did saying I could just call in when I was ready and it would be taken care of. I pushed back and asked to speak with the GM who is apparently off for the day and nobody wanted to address it, so again was basically told to kick dirt.

I'm having them look at the warranty stuff while I'm here because I live about 1:15 from the dealership, otherwise would've just scheduled an appt to one of the 4 closer to me inside of 30 minutes. Just another case of a dealer happy to sell you vehicle, but even happier to bend you over after the sale. We'll see how they handle the warranty questions I had which were alignment off to the right, plastic trim piece not even connected on the roof line, and leaking tonneau cover from the factory.

For additional reference, I have worked for 2 other major auto manufacturers as a salesman back in the day so I get shit happens more than the average person, but we always tried to make it right. Luckily, I haven't written my initial review of the dealership and let them know that as a final pushback, so in a couple days if I don't get a phone call then I will let my feelings known more publicly and to their corporate survey.
Sponsored

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got nickel and dimed by my original dealer. When it came time for me to review them, they tried to hand me a prewritten review. After "hell no" , I explained that their review would be entirely based on how much they were willing to pay for it. $0 = 0 review.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get my oil/filter changes done by an independent mechanic I know and trust. He also inspects the truck, fluid, tire pressure (included w/ each oil change) and resets the Oil Life Monitor for me. I keep all maintenance receipts in case engine warranty work is ever needed.

I have a Hybrid and full synthetic oil is recommend. Too many Ford dealers cheap out and use synthetic blend, to save on their costs.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never hurts to make a call to the regional office. Dealers hate it because they have to respond.

OP
OP
259Maverick

259Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never hurts to make a call to the regional office. Dealers hate it because they have to respond.
By chance do you know where the number is?

Sponsored

randysc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford customer service phone number on the internet and Got almost immediate satisfaction from my dealer. They do not like it at all when you call ford. this number I called and they got me to right person. 800-334-4375

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I get my oil/filter changes done by an independent mechanic I know and trust. He also inspects the truck, fluid, tire pressure (included w/ each oil change) and resets the Oil Life Monitor for me. I keep all maintenance receipts in case engine warranty work is ever needed.

I have a Hybrid and full synthetic oil is recommend. Too many Ford dealers cheap out and use synthetic blend, to save on their costs.
So I'm assuming you're paying for the oil. So can't they just pass the cost of the full synthetic onto the customer? Synthetic blend is a complete waste of money.

OP
OP
259Maverick

259Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I'm assuming you're paying for the oil. So can't they just pass the cost of the full synthetic onto the customer? Synthetic blend is a complete waste of money.
no, I refuse to the oil change and any services that were included under the warranty that we were checking out. I already have 5 quarts of oil and a new filter ready for the first time I did it myself, so I’ll just be doing it a little bit earlier that’s all. but at least I know it’ll be done, and done correctly versus via mechanic that hates his life

Sponsored

Mervin the Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2019 Hyunda1 Kona, 2002 Chevy S10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ONLY use Jim Click Ford (or any other brand) in Tucson, AZ.

Yes, the “Maintenance for Life” is included in the “dealer prep”, but I have never had an issue with getting my vehicles serviced. I have to drive an hour-and-a-half, but it beats the heck out of the local dealer.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wanted to share an experience here. Purchased a new Maverick at MSRP beginning of February so good on them. During the f&i discussion the first bad part was I brought up the extended warranty through Granger and wanted to give them the oppurtunity to at least come close and the f&i manager seemed to get agitated and in nicer words told me to fuck off and go buy it from them then since he couldn't even come close. Ended up speeding through the paperwork and even refused the delivery process of going over the features etc... because I was already mad.

Now about 2 months later I called to make an appt for the first free oil change and inspection and get a couple warranty issues addressed. And for reference mentioned this over the phone and was told to bring in the paperwork with me and it would be no problem. After arriving, the service advisor started asking which "package" I wanted to go with and I said whatever is included in the free change and all of a sudden it became a big deal because apparently they don't offer free oil changes on new vehicles, only used. Also, the salesman/f&i was supposed to make the initial appt at the time of delivery and never did saying I could just call in when I was ready and it would be taken care of. I pushed back and asked to speak with the GM who is apparently off for the day and nobody wanted to address it, so again was basically told to kick dirt.

I'm having them look at the warranty stuff while I'm here because I live about 1:15 from the dealership, otherwise would've just scheduled an appt to one of the 4 closer to me inside of 30 minutes. Just another case of a dealer happy to sell you vehicle, but even happier to bend you over after the sale. We'll see how they handle the warranty questions I had which were alignment off to the right, plastic trim piece not even connected on the roof line, and leaking tonneau cover from the factory.

For additional reference, I have worked for 2 other major auto manufacturers as a salesman back in the day so I get shit happens more than the average person, but we always tried to make it right. Luckily, I haven't written my initial review of the dealership and let them know that as a final pushback, so in a couple days if I don't get a phone call then I will let my feelings known more publicly and to their corporate survey.
Customer service has gone the way of the dodo bird on everything.
Sponsored