Sponsored

Any forums members use cargurus.com to sell current ride?

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Selling my Toyota Corolla
Vroom. $19,371
Carvana. $21,437
Carmax. $24,000
Cargurus. $24,375

Vroom, Carvana and Carmax, I’m dealing directly with them. Cargurus acting as a middleman and unknown what dealer made highest offer.

I’ve had past dealings with Carmax which ranged from “it wouldn’t have been so painful if you used a lube” to ”OMG, I can’t believe they paid me that much!”

Regardless of how painful or pleasant the transaction was for my wallet, Carmax was ”square business.”

Any forum members deal with cargurus?
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been curious how their program runs. My last 3 were directly sold to CarMax or carvana (2). I'd go back to either of them.

Being that CarMax I assume is local and you can wrap it up in a single scheduled appointment, not sure going with the unknown CarGurus process is worth the hassle for an extra $375. Just my 2 cents!

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I used cargurus to sell my Maverick last week. The buyer works at a local FORD dealer. The process was smooth and simple. Deal was in place through emails. Spoke with buyer over the phone and deal was done the next deal.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been curious how their program runs. My last 3 were directly sold to CarMax or carvana (2). I'd go back to either of them.

Being that CarMax I assume is local and you can wrap it up in a single scheduled appointment, not sure going with the unknown CarGurus process is worth the hassle for an extra $375. Just my 2 cents!
Thank you pxpaulx, my thoughts as well.

Because I did not know where they were going, I was uncomfortable that cargurus.com wanted copies of title, lien release and both DLs. CarGurus is acting an the “middle man” for the selling process, buyer was not identified.

Agree that unknown might go smoothly or be problematic and for $375, why take a chance?

At this point, looks like I’m going to Carmax on Wednesday morning to sell it to them.

I’m headed south to Apple Ford in Columbia MD Tuesday morning to talk about a cancelled order. The Maverick (currently in transit) is a Velocity Blue XLT EB AWD FX4 CP360.

I am not optimistic about consummating a deal but what the heck, you never know.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used cargurus to sell my Maverick last week. The buyer works at a local FORD dealer. The process was smooth and simple. Deal was in place through emails. Spoke with buyer over the phone and deal was done the next deal.
Did Cargurus give you a value? Just for giggles I ran the vin of my new XL EB through Cargurus and it said it couldn't give me a value, but suggested I list it at the "good deal" of $32,900. I paid $22,575.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did Cargurus give you a value? Just for giggles I ran the vin of my new XL EB through Cargurus and it said it couldn't give me a value, but suggested I list it at the "good deal" of $32,900. I paid $22,575.
Like yours, there was a sliding scale $ and I posted the amount I wanted. The buyers sent messages with their offers and or their contact info. I received 4 offers from dealers, and the other 4 were private buyers in 2 days.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like yours, there was a sliding scale $ and I posted the amount I wanted. The buyers sent messages with their offers and or their contact info. I received 4 offers from dealers, and the other 4 were private buyers in 2 days.
How was the profit?

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you pxpaulx, my thoughts as well.

Because I did not know where they were going, I was uncomfortable that cargurus.com wanted copies of title, lien release and both DLs. CarGurus is acting an the “middle man” for the selling process, buyer was not identified.

Agree that unknown might go smoothly or be problematic and for $375, why take a chance?

At this point, looks like I’m going to Carmax on Wednesday morning to sell it to them.

I’m headed south to Apple Ford in Columbia MD Tuesday morning to talk about a cancelled order. The Maverick (currently in transit) is a Velocity Blue XLT EB AWD FX4 CP360.

I am not optimistic about consummating a deal but what the heck, you never know.
FYI, we ordered our Maverick from Al Packer Ford in Middle River MD. Had a great experience, accepted X pricing, 36 m/0% financing as promised, and military rebate. No pressures at closing.You might want to check them out. Steve L was our salesman.

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI, we ordered our Maverick from Al Packer Ford in Middle River MD. Had a great experience, accepted X pricing, 36 m/0% financing as promised, and military rebate. No pressures at closing.You might want to check them out. Steve L was our salesman.
Thanks.
Salesman at Apple messaged a few minutes before I was ready to head out Tuesday morning and wrote the Maverick was sold close of business the night before. Process selling Corolla at Carmax went smoothly.

I had a good experience at Al Packer in 2016 when I bought my F150 XLT. Will be quite a while to see a selling price before taxes and fees of almost $11K below msrp.

One thing annoyed me, AP advertised two years of no charge “the works” oil changes (that I used). Failed to mention they were using reward points from my purchase to cover costs.

I’d buy from them again but use the points for accessories instead of oil changes (always fast lane coupons).

Contacted them last Summer and person I spoke with said no X plan on Maverick orders. Nice to hear that policy changed.

Joe, may you have many trouble free miles with your new truck.

Sponsored

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the update regarding reward points. They did allow me to charge $5,000 on my Ford Credit card so I'm waiting for them to hit my account, and then we will use them and the points we already have toward the extended service plan offered by Flood Ford. Should save about $300 or more doing that. Best of luck getting your Maverick.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the update regarding reward points. They did allow me to charge $5,000 on my Ford Credit card so I'm waiting for them to hit my account, and then we will use them and the points we already have toward the extended service plan offered by Flood Ford. Should save about $300 or more doing that. Best of luck getting your Maverick.
@Granger Ford is $50 cheaper than Flood Ford on warranty at the moment, I believe they will accept the Ford points for payment as well (I'd already spent mine on accessories).

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford is $50 cheaper than Flood Ford on warranty at the moment, I believe they will accept the Ford points for payment as well (I'd already spent mine on accessories).
yes, we can sure help there.
Sponsored