Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got off the phone with Damerow Ford in Oregon to cancel my order. I found another dealer selling at msrp and got a Ford confirmation immediately. Which I never received from Damerow and they had a mark up. They tried to keep me from canceling and even said that it’s 2 weeks into being built already and will be here soon. He finally said they’d refund and that they can sell it for a big mark up when it arrives. So according to them they will have a black hybrid XLT luxury on the lot very soon
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got off the phone with Damerow Ford in Oregon to cancel my order. I found another dealer selling at msrp and got a Ford confirmation immediately. Which I never received from Damerow and they had a mark up. They tried to keep me from canceling and even said that it’s 2 weeks into being built already and will be here soon. He finally said they’d refund and that they can sell it for a big mark up when it arrives. So according to them they will have a black hybrid XLT luxury on the lot very soon
Greed makes people (dealerships) do stupid things.
Scheduling doesn't begin until 7/15, production doesn't start til 8/16.
40K reservations is not that much. (Broncos had 190K)
65% are expected to convert to orders. (Broncos got 140K converted to actual orders)
Of those, maybe 20% will be constrained due to late availability items. (Rapid Red, Splash Guards, some other stuff is late avail.)
Hermosillo can produce 25K units per month, and if they do 12.5K on line 2 (line 1 is for Bronco Sports).
You are looking at maybe 8 weeks before they end up on mostly dealer retail units being built.
2.5k per week, only 26k orders.. sounds like just over 10 weeks, but.... constraints cut 20% of that.

So yeah, that markup won't last long, either. Especially when a few calls and searches you can find dealers selling under invoice and free-delivery options anywhere in the US. Its almost like some dealerships are trying to fail.

OP
OP

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greed makes people (dealerships) do stupid things.
Scheduling doesn't begin until 7/15, production doesn't start til 8/16.
40K reservations is not that much. (Broncos had 190K)
65% are expected to convert to orders. (Broncos got 140K converted to actual orders)
Of those, maybe 20% will be constrained due to late availability items. (Rapid Red, Splash Guards, some other stuff is late avail.)
Hermosillo can produce 25K units per month, and if they do 12.5K on line 2 (line 1 is for Bronco Sports).
You are looking at maybe 8 weeks before they end up on mostly dealer retail units being built.
2.5k per week, only 26k orders.. sounds like just over 10 weeks, but.... constraints cut 20% of that.

So yeah, that markup won't last long, either. Especially when a few calls and searches you can find dealers selling under invoice and free-delivery options anywhere in the US. Its almost like some dealerships are trying to fail.
That’s a lot of great info. It’s amazing to me the amount of lies he said in a two minute conversation all sandwiched by ‘we’re a customer service oriented business, anything we can do to make you happy’
Ugh
Sponsored