Adding interior ambient lighting?

zenithflyer

First Name
slavcha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma, VW GOLF, HD FLHTCU, Piper Warrior,
i was wondering if you can add ambient lighting and make it work with the sync 3 display on the xlt trim.
Sponsored

HerrJavier

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i was wondering if you can add ambient lighting and make it work with the sync 3 display on the xlt trim.
I don’t think the XLT trim has SYNC3

if you want ambient light and SYNC3 go for the Lariat, it brings both and you’ll have nothing to add

OP
OP

zenithflyer

First Name
slavcha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

if you want ambient light and SYNC3 go for the Lariat, it brings both and you’ll have nothing to add
They both have the sync 3 and the lariat is too much just for ambient lighting.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Every trim level gets sync 3 by default. Ambient lighting only appears on the lariat though no one knows exactly what that entails. We do know it will not be color changing and will be that teal color that Ford loves to use.

Last edited:

hownowbrowncow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every trim level gets sync 3 by default. Ambient lighting only appears on the lariat though no one knows exactly what that entails. We do know it will not be color changing and will be that teal color that Ford loves to use.
The recently posted Product Packaging Guide calls it out as "Ice Blue" not crazy about it personally. Regarding Sync 3 the lower trims just call the head unit an 8" center stack touchscreen with Bluetooth connectivity (Apple carplay and android auto compatibility) while the Lariat specifies that it received the Sync 3....

So you might be mistaken...

Sponsored

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only see Sync 3 listed under the Lariat Lux package. The other trims just say apple car play and android auto but it looks like they don’t have all the sync3 features… check out the sheet posted earlier tonight… maybe I am missing something but looks like full sync 3 is only on the lariat.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe only Lariat gets full Sync 3 (Sirius, “swipe capability” and capacitive screen). You can check my post history but I specifically asked this question and consensus was that XL and XLT get pressure/resistive screens and limited functionality.
ANYWAY…

If ambient lighting is only one color then it should be super easy to add later!

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's like adding it to any other car.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
The recently posted Product Packaging Guide calls it out as "Ice Blue" not crazy about it personally. Regarding Sync 3 the lower trims just call the head unit an 8" center stack touchscreen with Bluetooth connectivity (Apple carplay and android auto compatibility) while the Lariat specifies that it received the Sync 3....

So you might be mistaken...
I only see Sync 3 listed under the Lariat Lux package. The other trims just say apple car play and android auto but it looks like they don’t have all the sync3 features… check out the sheet posted earlier tonight… maybe I am missing something but looks like full sync 3 is only on the lariat.
I believe only Lariat gets full Sync 3 (Sirius, “swipe capability” and capacitive screen). You can check my post history but I specifically asked this question and consensus was that XL and XLT get pressure/resistive screens and limited functionality.
ANYWAY…

If ambient lighting is only one color then it should be super easy to add later!
I double checked and you guys are right, my bad.

OP
OP

zenithflyer

First Name
slavcha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ANYWAY…

Yes but is there any way to make it work with the touchscreen like the lariat does?

Sponsored

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
I’m bummed by the software choice. I’m hoping Ford installs a version of Sync 3 that just leaves some stuff out. Leaves the door open for custom installs if some capable software leaks. I’m also hoping the Hybrid comes with some of the same hybrid info screens that are available on the escape’s infotainment

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m bummed by the software choice. I’m hoping Ford installs a version of Sync 3 that just leaves some stuff out. Leaves the door open for custom installs if some capable software leaks. I’m also hoping the Hybrid comes with some of the same hybrid info screens that are available on the escape’s infotainment
As a gauge watcher, a habit from driving junk. I too hope to see a power flow app for the hybrid system. I’ve seen the ones that are in the Escape and it’s kinda nice.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes but is there any way to make it work with the touchscreen like the lariat does?
It’s just an on/off, theres no color adjustment and how often are you turning it on/off. So I don’t see why its necessary to have it touch operated, but, to your question I highly doubt it will be possible without reflashing the infotainment and voiding your warranty. I would just leave it always on or maybe wire it to my headlamps so they turn on at night.

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
H
As a gauge watcher, a habit from driving junk. I too hope to see a power flow app for the hybrid system. I’ve seen the ones that are in the Escape and it’s kinda nice.
I hope so! They’ve made a huge deal about the hybrid powertrain being standard that you think they would include existing technology that wouldn’t cost them much if anything at this point

BibleHelp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

My new Ford Maverick Lariat 1st Edition only has one color! On-line shows its supposed to have 7 colors.
Sponsored