First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Cargo Management Rail System for the Maverick comes with only one adjustable tie-down for each side, presumably because the bed is short. I could use a fixed tie-down on the front because my bottom front tie-down is used by my bike rack. You can't buy extra rail tie-downs for the rail from Ford. I was looking to make a fixed standard tie-down for the rail system in the front position, but I found these nice tie-down hooks that Terraflex uses on their Gladiator cargo system. I decided to make an adjustable adapter for the Terraflex hooks instead. Here is what I came up with.

The Terraflex rail system clamps the front of the channel. Ford's design uses a spring-loaded pin to engage the pre-drilled locations inside the rail, which is more of a shear pin design where the load is on the hole in a thickened backbone and the back face of the channel. I used Fusion 360 to design a compatible design that uses the nice Terraflex cast hook and socket head screws. Aluminum plates make a t-slot sandwich and stainless steel pin, spring and knob make up the rest of the design. Aluminum needs to be painted powder-coated, or anodized when used with stainless steel, so this raw design is just to tweak the design.

I made four for testing over the next few weeks before I send the aluminum parts out for coating.

Ford Maverick Adapted Teraflex Cargo Tie-Down Anchors for Cargo Mgmt Rail System 2022-08-11 20.56.26

Ford Maverick Adapted Teraflex Cargo Tie-Down Anchors for Cargo Mgmt Rail System 2022-08-11 20.40.45

Ford Maverick Adapted Teraflex Cargo Tie-Down Anchors for Cargo Mgmt Rail System 2022-08-11 20.39.53

Ford Maverick Adapted Teraflex Cargo Tie-Down Anchors for Cargo Mgmt Rail System 2022-08-11 20.40.01
Sponsored

Last edited: