Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order: SHADOW BLACK HYBRID XLT LUX 360 MOON ROOF
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After a year and month waiting, I got my Maverick on October 3rd. Since then, I have put 3100 miles on it. Current average is 39..2 MPG Hand calculated. This includes probably about 60% Highway miles, going 70 miles an hour. As others have stated, if you keep it 60 and under, you will get better mileage.

A couple of upgrades that I have done.

*Got the tuxmats for the truck. Great mats with great coverage. Very nice feeling on the feet as you get in.

*Tried a soft cover from Real Truck. It didn't work for me, as water pooled on top when I was stopped at a house, and made it impossible to open with out getting everything wet. They were very nice, and I was able to swap it out for a hard trifold. I like the hard trifold a lot better. Although my wallet doesn't.

*Did the Kia mirror install for Homelink. The install was pretty easy and I like the garage door opener function of the mirror. The car already has a compass in it, so didn't really need that portion.

*Got the Ford under cover storage bin. It isn't bad, just not sure if it is worth the 240.00. It is nice that it is easy to remove if needed.

*Got the Ford Platinum Seal plate covers. I like them a lot. Really upgrades the feel of getting in.

*Got some LED lights for the bed of the truck, and wired them to the existing bed Led light included in Lux Package. Works great. Especially with the hard cover.

*Other upgrades: Cargo net, Front side windows tint to match, after market mud flaps, Black logo cover for Ford emblem, Ford Proximity alarm, center console storage, and PPF on the door edges. Tailgate assist.
*Still plan on Ceramic coating truck. Just need better weather. Also need to get glove box organizer. And need to wire my dashcam. Scared to remove the trim though. So might pay someone to do that.

I also got the logos for the company I own on the side of the front doors and tailgate. Came out a bit brighter than planned, but my company name makes sense for it to be bright.

Things I didn't know about the truck even though I read forums for a year.

1. The truck has a compass on the digital cluster.
2. Ford pass app will let you locate your truck where ever you are.

Other than those things, the truck has lived up to all the hype, and I am super happy to have it!

Ford Maverick 1 Month in review. PXL_20231101_224036595
Ford Maverick 1 Month in review. PXL_20231102_170717592
Sponsored

Last edited:

carny2411

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a year and month waiting, I got my Maverick on October 3rd. Since then, I have put 3100 miles on it. Current average is 39..2 MPG Hand calculated. This includes probably about 60% Highway miles, going 70 miles an hour. As others have stated, if you keep it 60 and under, you will get better mileage.

A couple of upgrades that I have done.

*Got the tuxmats for the truck. Great mats with great coverage. Very nice feeling on the feet as you get in.

*Tried a soft cover from Real Truck. It didn't work for me, as water pooled on top when I was stopped at a house, and made it impossible to open with out getting everything wet. They were very nice, and I was able to swap it out for a hard trifold. I like the hard trifold a lot better. Although my wallet doesn't.

*Did the Kia mirror install for Homelink. The install was pretty easy and I like the garage door opener function of the mirror. The car already has a compass in it, so didn't really need that portion.

*Got the Ford under cover storage bin. It isn't bad, just not sure if it is worth the 240.00. It is nice that it is easy to remove if needed.

*Got the Ford Platinum Seal plate covers. I like them a lot. Really upgrades the feel of getting in.

*Got some LED lights for the bed of the truck, and wired them to the existing bed Led light included in Lux Package. Works great. Especially with the hard cover.

*Other upgrades: Cargo net, Front side windows tint to match, after market mud flaps, Black logo cover for Ford emblem, Ford Proximity alarm, center console storage, and PPF on the door edges.
*Still plan on Ceramic coating truck. Just need better weather. Also need to get glove box organizer. And need to wire my dashcam. Scared to remove the trim though. So might pay someone to do that.

I also got the logos for the company I own on the side of the front doors and tailgate. Came out a bit brighter than planned, but my company name makes sense for it to be bright.

Things I didn't know about the truck even though I read forums for a year.

1. The truck has a compass on the digital cluster.
2. Ford pass app will let you locate your truck where ever you are.

Other than those things, the truck has lived up to all the hype, and I am super happy to have it!

PXL_20231101_224036595.jpg
PXL_20231102_170717592.jpg
Where did you get the Kia mirror from? Does it dim as well??

OP
OP
greenlight

greenlight

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Where did you get the Kia mirror from? Does it dim as well??
Yeah it does dim as well. I cant find the place I bought it from, as it was about 9 months before I got the truck. If you look in the forum here, there are several posts about it with links to where they were previously available.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Removing the trim to do the wiring for the homelink mirror isn't hard. Just use a gentle pry tool on the mirror panel and it'll pop right off.

OP
OP
greenlight

greenlight

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Removing the trim to do the wiring for the homelink mirror isn't hard. Just use a gentle pry tool on the mirror panel and it'll pop right off.
Its not the mirror, but the dashcam to the fuses in glove box, and doing the door trim and making it so they have no rattles at the end.
Sponsored