Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Update 2

Went to put the hood struts on and ran into problems. I ordered this from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPH1641Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) and it said it was a Pacewalker, but what arrived was a Speedpark. Didn't look all that different from others out there so I unwrapped, read the directions and watched some videos. After that, I went outside to install. I tried "dry fitting" the parts before taking off bolts and none of the strut brackets would line up. The top bracket was too short, and the bottom brackets wouldn't line up with the existing holes. Back they go. Strike one.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230311_150432
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230311_150456

So, next was the bug deflector (2022 Ford Maverick EGR Superguard Bug Shield | RealTruck). Watched the video again at the @Realtruck website and began reviewing the instructions. This is where I was disappointed. In the video it shows the bug shield as a single piece. In the instructions, it has you install six separate clips to the hood and then attach the bug shield to the clips with screws. This is not what's shown in the picture, and not in the video further down the page. So now I need to decide whether I want to install it and see if I can live with it or return it for a full refund.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230311_185508

So, to get something constructive done I installed my lettering and "484" sticker. At least it's something.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230311_164814

Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230311_182408

If I decide to put the bug shield on, I'll post pictures.

Update 1

Didn't get as much as I wanted done. Saturday started with too cool weather and my wife needing to pick up a sewing machine in DFW and ended with the, "Hey dad, I need to pick up a chair." (He didn't even get it since it was in worse condition than the pictures on Facebroke showed.) On Sunday church went longer than anticipated, and Sunday night was game night.

The bedrug is awesome, but a PITA to install. Since there are no specific instructions or videos, the area around the cubbies are a bit of a puzzle to get them to fit and line up with the holes (anything you can do about this @Realtruck?) The silver bolts in the bed cubbies are $.69 each instead of whatever Ford is charging. Thank you, Ace Hardware.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230304_171629
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230304_171706
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230304_171719

The dampener was pretty straight forward, except for two things; the 50mm Torx had a few extra uga-ugas on it (and yes, I had to make a trip to HFT to get a 50mm Torx), and the engineer who came up with that 90 degree bolt in the tailgate should be drawn and quartered.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230305_164351

The window visors went on last. Really easy, no tools. I'll try to get a daylight picture tomorrow.
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230309_163741
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230309_163803
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230309_163754

Let's see what I can get done this week/next weekend. Will update as I get stuff put on.

Original Post
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230303_134841
Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230217_103917

Links for everything below:

2023 Ford Maverick BedRug Full Bed Liner | RealTruck
2023 Ford Maverick EGR Superguard Bug Shield | RealTruck
2023 Ford Maverick EGR Slimline In-Channel Window Visors | RealTruck
FANMATS 22538 Buffalo Bills Black Metal Hitch Cover - 3D Color Emblem (amazon.com)
Amazon.com: DEE ZEE DZ43207 Tailgate Assist Fits 22-Current Ford Maverick, Black : Automotive
Amazon.com: PACEWALKER Hood Struts Compatible with Ford Maverick Front Hood Modify Refit Gas Spring for Ford Maverick Accessories 2022 2023 No Drill Hood Lift Supports : Automotive
Amazon.com: Tailgate Insert Letters Compatible for 2022 2023 Maverick 3M Adhesive & 3D Raised Tailgate Decal Letters (Silver) : Automotive
Cap NZ6Z-17F000-AB | OEM Ford Parts
Partition Loading Compartment NZ6Z-60286A72-A | OEM Ford Parts

Ford Maverick Going to be a busy weekend (Update 2) 20230305_215046
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm torn on whether or not I want to drill holes in the bumper cover for the front license plate just to put my school alumni plate on.

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mav Paul

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going to order a few of the same parts. Now let’s see the install photos :)

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you finished, yet. Hurry up…

Have fun…space it out…have beer and good music, too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm torn on whether or not I want to drill holes in the bumper cover for the front license plate just to put my school alumni plate on.
You could get a school alumni window sticker for the back window.

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the BedRug affect the size of the board
used with the flex bed mounting points?

How does it work with the locking tie down rails?
Might be better than going with a SIBL. And better than
the hard plastic drop in liner!

How easily accessioble are the bed tie downs? And how
much trouble is it, getting the cubby reinstalled?

Might have to order, if I can find a decent price for one!
Information much appreciated.
Thanks.

Keith

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same debate this weekend and couldn't do it.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The cubby's etc is the reason why I went with the xlt bed rug. Looks great in your truck.

OP
OP
TCPTX65

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the BedRug affect the size of the board used with the flex bed mounting points?
I haven't used it yet, but it shouldn't affect it much (maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch). Since I knew I was going to use the boards in the flex bed, I waited to measure it out until after I installed it.
How does it work with the locking tie down rails? Might be better than going with a SIBL. And better than the hard plastic drop in liner!
You should be able to mount the rails. The sides of the Bedrug are contoured very well to the bed. All you have to do is make the holes (not as easy as you think) for the bolts and mount it right on top.
How easily accessible are the bed tie downs?
If you are talking about the ones attached to floor of the bed, I don't know. If I do the bed tiedowns. I will get the ones that @Shay used in his XL ( (1) Cargo Box Tie-Downs for XL for under $15 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions )).
And how much trouble is it, getting the cubby reinstalled?
It's not as easy as it looks since the cubby bottom sits low, almost to the bed. The cut out on the back only takes into account for the default panel. You can start by cutting that out, just remember you will need to do more trimming on the bottom of the hole to get the cubby to seat properly. Be careful of the zipper and use a fresh blade on your cutter, and you shouldn't have any problems getting it lined up. I used this video (How to Install BedRug Impact Bed Liner on a 2021 Ford F-150 - YouTube) to get the general idea for installing it (the written instruction suck) since there are no installation videos specific to the Maverick (hey, @Realtruck think you could help us out?).
Might have to order, if I can find a decent price for one! Information much appreciated.
Keep an eye on the Realtruck website. They run sales occasionally and you should be able to get the MTC discount.

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I haven't used it yet, but it shouldn't affect it much (maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch). Since I knew I was going to use the boards in the flex bed, I waited to measure it out until after I installed it.

You should be able to mount the rails. The sides of the Bedrug are contoured very well to the bed. All you have to do is make the holes (not as easy as you think) for the bolts and mount it right on top.

If you are talking about the ones attached to floor of the bed, I don't know. If I do the bed tiedowns. I will get the ones that @Shay used in his XL ( (1) Cargo Box Tie-Downs for XL for under $15 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions )).

It's not as easy as it looks since the cubby bottom sits low, almost to the bed. The cut out on the back only takes into account for the default panel. You can start by cutting that out, just remember you will need to do more trimming on the bottom of the hole to get the cubby to seat properly. Be careful of the zipper and use a fresh blade on your cutter, and you shouldn't have any problems getting it lined up. I used this video (How to Install BedRug Impact Bed Liner on a 2021 Ford F-150 - YouTube) to get the general idea for installing it (the written instruction suck) since there are no installation videos specific to the Maverick (hey, @Realtruck think you could help us out?).

Keep an eye on the Realtruck website. They run sales occasionally and you should be able to get the MTC discount.
Real truck gave me an awesome discount on the bedrug, definitely worth pursuing it.
Sponsored