Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick Lariat/ECO/FX4/4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can't get enough plastic!

Eyeing flares from day 1 of ownership (20K miles ago) and luckily able to snatch the Mabett's on Amazon. Install took around an hour. Tricky part was to make sure flares worked with my RokBlokz mud flaps. I did add additional 3M tape as others on here have recommended.

All in all, I am pleased with the look/feel.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares Installed IMG_6534

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares Installed IMG_6538
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares Installed IMG_6540
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Fender flares were one mod I knew I wanted when I ordered my Mav. I decided on Mabett flares after hanging out here for a while. Been checking Amazon for availability twice daily--early & late. Saw here maybe a week ago that they were in stock. Went immediately to Amazon & they were gone. Mid morning yesterday, currently unavailable. Last night, about 8:30 central, I did my routine check. They had 2 left in stock. I snagged a set! Delivery Sunday. Cool

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

did mine a while back and really love the look. problem I have now is I want to order the diode dynamics fog light kit and would have to remove the front flare if I did. then trying to reattach them and redoing the 3m tape, I don't know if id get the same seal.

Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the Ford mud flaps have to be reworked or modified to work with the Mabett fender flares? Mabett only stated they were compatible with theirs ...which may be the same ??? The Ford ones hug te body pretty tight and slighly us the wheel well.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Fender flares were one mod I knew I wanted when I ordered my Mav. I decided on Mabett flares after hanging out here for a while. Been checking Amazon for availability twice daily--early & late. Saw here maybe a week ago that they were in stock. Went immediately to Amazon & they were gone. Mid morning yesterday, currently unavailable. Last night, about 8:30 central, I did my routine check. They had 2 left in stock. I snagged a set! Delivery Sunday. Cool
I saw two also and went to order and saw only 1 left and it snagged it before it was taken! Just Luck!
But my Amazon always takes a few days ...there slow here in HValley NY.

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if the Ford mud flaps have to be reworked or modified to work with the Mabett fender flares? Mabett only stated they were compatible with theirs ...which may be the same ??? The Ford ones hug te body pretty tight and slighly us the wheel well.
Found a thread by generakmgr and he had the OEM flaps with teh Mabett fender flares and they fit fine..

Kagiso

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw two also and went to order and saw only 1 left and it snagged it before it was taken! Just Luck!
But my Amazon always takes a few days ...there slow here in HValley NY.
Hey. Good for you! Thanks for sharing your good news Fun. Maybe we snagged the last 2? Lol

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Eyeing flares from day 1 of ownership (20K miles ago) and luckily able to snatch the Mabett's on Amazon. Install took around an hour. Tricky part was to make sure flares worked with my RokBlokz mud flaps. I did add additional 3M tape as others on here have recommended.

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg
IMG_6540.jpg
Looking good!👍🏻

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares Installed IMG_0264

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares Installed IMG_0261

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed my Mabett fender flares while installing my DD foglights. Removing the front grill/bumper once these fender flares are installed is going to be difficult since doubled sided tape is used to attach them to the front bumper.

My issues....it took quit a while to install these once I started. First off- instructions are not that great so that care removing push in pins and bolts so that you can keep track of where they all went since they are not all the same on my truck! I have the Ford mud flaps so it make this more difficult than a normal install. It worked but not without some hassles.

The main issue is that the included replacement push in pins DO NOT FIT my Maverick. It took me a while to figure out why ... they have a slightly different design compared to the stock ones. The problem is that they are FATTER than the stock ones when the tab is pushed into the pin. It makes the pin TOO FAT for the metal holes in the fender so you CANNOT push the tabs in once the pin is fully inserted into the flare, wheel well felt and fender hole. The stock ones would work but not these sub standard replacement ones. You can cut/trim the tabs down and it will sometimes allow them to work or sometimes just break! The new pushpins are also a harder plastic which tends to break if too much force it used.

Holes on the flares lined up okay but the front most flare hole on both sides of the front wheels had to be extended further down some before I could get it to line up for the screw. Seems the design is off a little. The Ford oem mud flaps still worked over the fender flares but I had to extend their holes inward somewhat due to the extra width from the flares.

The double sided tape works pretty well and I added some (not sure it was touching the metal though) although the plastic fenders are not perfect and have some high and low spots leaving some gaps between the fender and the flares. I will try to tape off the fender and flare and push some Right Stuff between the gaps after they sit for a day.

Price wise they are probably worth it but the quality and failed pushpins should be improved to make the install easier and better. Not sure how well they will hold over time but any open crevices between the fender and the flare would be an issue since dirt etc could get in between.

Last edited:
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6538.jpg
IMG_6540.jpg
Tire size?

OrlandoOBX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Been looking at these as well, also looking at the Air Design full body kit. I am leaning on the Air design as I believe they are bolted on? Have a lot of Mabett stuff on my Bronco, mud flaps, tailgate table, rear window hinge lights, rear cupholder. Anybody try the Air design? I know they are what Ford offers on their accessories web site.