Sponsored

Oregon

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Nice! If delivered on time, it "only" took 9 months. :)

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Picked up mine from Gresham Ford yesterday. MSRP with no add on. Here’s a pic of all the fees. They also honored 0% interest. Ask for Troy when you call. He’ll hook you up.
Ford Maverick Oregon 4CC3EA86-8DDE-4C66-BFF0-7859615A11D8

Sponsored

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That privilege tax is BS. I don’t know if it’s the State or county that issues that tax on “Big” corporations and they just past it along to the customer.

omgxwtf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Falcon, Nissan Leaf
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought at Landmark Ford in Tigard. The sales guys were fine to great. The finance guy was fine, the sales push for the *extremely expensive* extended warranty was under 2min, really minimal. They didn't try to screw around with finance terms or whatnot.

The vehicle was delivered extremely filthy, and I got out of the dealership sometime after 7PM. I went straight home and parked it in my garage and went inside to have dinner and get back to work (middle of busy season, I worked till after 9PM that night). I worked from home the next day and hand washed it after work and found pretty bad scratches and associated damage on the roof (roof through the clear and into the paint or maybe primer even) and hood (easy buffing), and some dust in the paint on multiple panels. I emailed my sales guy first thing the next morning, and we setup an appointment for the next week.

The dust in paint will be covered under warranty. The scratches will not be fixed because I took too long to notify them, if I had emailed first thing the day after picking up it would have been covered.

For this reason, I cannot suggest Landmark Ford. And I highly suggest you wash your vehicle immediately after you pick it up. Ford's QC is garbage, the dealers don't inspect vehicles at all, so stay on your toes.

Sponsored

pwkno

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought at Landmark Ford in Tigard. The sales guys were fine to great. The finance guy was fine, the sales push for the *extremely expensive* extended warranty was under 2min, really minimal. They didn't try to screw around with finance terms or whatnot.

The vehicle was delivered extremely filthy, and I got out of the dealership sometime after 7PM. I went straight home and parked it in my garage and went inside to have dinner and get back to work (middle of busy season, I worked till after 9PM that night). I worked from home the next day and hand washed it after work and found pretty bad scratches and associated damage on the roof (roof through the clear and into the paint or maybe primer even) and hood (easy buffing), and some dust in the paint on multiple panels. I emailed my sales guy first thing the next morning, and we setup an appointment for the next week.

The dust in paint will be covered under warranty. The scratches will not be fixed because I took too long to notify them, if I had emailed first thing the day after picking up it would have been covered.

For this reason, I cannot suggest Landmark Ford. And I highly suggest you wash your vehicle immediately after you pick it up. Ford's QC is garbage, the dealers don't inspect vehicles at all, so stay on your toes.
This is a quote directly from the warranty manual:
"CHECK YOUR VEHICLE We try to check vehicles carefully at the assembly plant and the dealership, and we usually correct any damage to paint, sheet metal, upholstery, or other appearance items. But occasionally something may slip past us, and a customer may find that a vehicle was damaged before he or she took delivery. If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week."

If you notified your dealer within the first week and they are refusing to fix it, then sounds like something you should take up with Ford directly.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a quote directly from the warranty manual:
"CHECK YOUR VEHICLE We try to check vehicles carefully at the assembly plant and the dealership, and we usually correct any damage to paint, sheet metal, upholstery, or other appearance items. But occasionally something may slip past us, and a customer may find that a vehicle was damaged before he or she took delivery. If you see any damage when you receive your vehicle, notify your dealership within one week."

If you notified your dealer within the first week and they are refusing to fix it, then sounds like something you should take up with Ford directly.
Well no shit, a week. The dealer basically said 18hr. I just checked my email, I emailed my sales guy 38hr after delivery. I guess I have to open a case with Ford.

I do have concerns about having it repaired though, do I really want even worse (softer) paint? Or is that not a thing with Ford and the factory paint is already pretty soft? It took nearly a year for my Ioniq to get a rock chip, it took a few hundred miles for the Maverick...

pwkno

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well no shit, a week. The dealer basically said 18hr. I just checked my email, I emailed my sales guy 38hr after delivery. I guess I have to open a case with Ford.

I do have concerns about having it repaired though, do I really want even worse (softer) paint? Or is that not a thing with Ford and the factory paint is already pretty soft? It took nearly a year for my Ioniq to get a rock chip, it took a few hundred miles for the Maverick...
How bad are the scratches? If fairly unnoticeable, it might be best to just fill them in with some touch up paint. That is probably what I would do unless they were very noticeable. Properly repairing them would likely require repainting all or most of the panel they are on and possibly blending into adjacent panels. If done correctly, it should look just about perfect when completed, but I would be skeptical of the quality of repair that Ford/the dealership would pay for.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How bad are the scratches? If fairly unnoticeable, it might be best to just fill them in with some touch up paint. That is probably what I would do unless they were very noticeable. Properly repairing them would likely require repainting all or most of the panel they are on and possibly blending into adjacent panels. If done correctly, it should look just about perfect when completed, but I would be skeptical of the quality of repair that Ford/the dealership would pay for.
They're "bad" but fairly unnoticable, one of them is on the back of the roof and you can only see it when standing above and behind the vehicle (that one is into the primer), the other is on the back of the hood by the cab and I have trouble finding it and never see it outside of shop lights (only into the clear, but deeper than just fixable by buffing).

One of my buddies is a recreational detailer and took a look at it. He can fill the scratches and wetsand/buff them and thinks it'll be good enough. He thinks I should ignore the dust in the paint and just sell the truck and hope the next one doesn't have as many issues, as it's going to require a bunch of panels to be blended. I don't really want 1/2-2/3 of each side of the truck repainted, I/we have the same concerns you do about the quality of repair.

Sonya M

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Picked up mine from Gresham Ford yesterday. MSRP with no add on. Here’s a pic of all the fees. They also honored 0% interest. Ask for Troy when you call. He’ll hook you up.
4CC3EA86-8DDE-4C66-BFF0-7859615A11D8.jpeg
Why did you pay California tax?
Sponsored