Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I ordered my XLT Hybrid back in September '22 I included a soft fold bed cover. Now I am wondering if I will be able to use it with the usual stuff I load in the back, assuming I should ever actually get the truck. Can someone from the "I got mine" group do a quick measure and tell me how deep the bed is from the top of the rail to the bottom? If anyone has one with the soft fold cover, I'd appreciate your thoughts on how useable you find it to be. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks Donutdadz. Appreciate the response.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had a trifold cover on my f150, but got tired of having to remove it for hauling stuff that took the whole bed. I went with soft roll up on my maverick.

OP
OP

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks Don. Does the tailgate have a lock to secure?

Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks Donutdadz. Appreciate the response.
I can confirm this. I have a trifold soft tonneau , which has cross bars under the too. It’s 20in from the underside of a crossbar to the raised part of the bed.

21” from just the tonneau material to the bed … Should you have anything just a teeny bit taller than 20in that would fit under one of the trifold sections.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks Don. Does the tailgate have a lock to secure?
The XLT comes with a power tailgate lock.

Of course, a locked tailgate on a bed with a soft tonneau isn’t going to keep out someone with a knife determined to get under it. … But it will deter.

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh, and you asked about the soft trifold tonneau. … We bought a used one from someone on the forum who had his truck totaled, who happened to live within an hour of us.

It was a great price, and hardly used, so we bought it before we even got the truck home. Our thought was that we’d see how we liked it, with the idea we might get something else — or even a cap — some day.

We had a spray-in bed liner applied three days after we picked up the truck, because we wanted that protection right away, and we felt the same about getting a tonneau — we knew we wanted the bed covered all the time, unless we were hauling something big.

Anyway … So far, so good with the soft tri-fold. We like that it is lightweight and easy to put on and take off. One person can do it easily, and it’s easily stored once removed.

So far, we haven’t done any driving around with it “folded open,” but the one we have (Extang) has straps that secure it when two-thirds are folded up towards the cab.

But I think choice of tonneau / bed cover is very much dependent on how you plan to use the truck. We’re not hauling big stuff or machines or yard waste every day. We’ll probably use our utility trailer for that kind of stuff.

So the soft tri-fold works for us, so far.

OP
OP

GAWAZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the good info KdeB. Good point on the knife and soft cover!
Sponsored