• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Window sticker comparison seems to confirm no Auto Start-Stop

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
On the tracker mine has been showing in production for 11 days. Under accessories it says auto start-stop removal. But on the window sticker it doesn't say anything about auto start-stop. I'm assuming that means that it isn't removed because it doesn't show a credit for the removal. Also it seems that all of the 2024's delivered in the US so far have it.
I was hoping it would be removed. Oh well I guess I'll keep hitting the button to turn it off like I have for the last 7 years. :) I'll probably buy the auto start-stop eliminator at some point.
it’s worth to try and see if you can default it off with what I said earlier today.
Sponsored

NickyFlippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2005 Dodge SRT4
Occupation
Gov't Stooge
Just unplug the Auto Start/Stop sensor from the negative battery cable under the hood.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
YES !
That is the Battery Management System Sensor; and it should never be unplugged.
I had a feeling what @NickyFlippers said yesterday would of been a very bad idea… now out of curiosity… what else those the BMS do other than keep the auto Start/stop system from working… I have a feeling this is a way to void one’s warranty

Sponsored

gForceDude

First Name
Dude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
I had a feeling what @NickyFlippers said yesterday would of been a very bad idea… now out of curiosity… what else those the BMS do other than keep the auto Start/stop system from working… I have a feeling this is a way to void one’s warranty
Search for 'Ford Battery Management System' and you can read all about everything that this system controls.

NickyFlippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2005 Dodge SRT4
Occupation
Gov't Stooge
To be fair, circumventing any factory spec is a bad idea. So Ford can, and probably will, look for any reason to reduce their responsibility in the event something goes wrong. Whether you're using FORScan or disconnecting the BMS physically. Here's a good video about it.
Sponsored