First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it me or does the Bronco Sport seem a lot like the First Generation Escape and the Maverick a lot like the Sport Trac? Seems these earlier designs are seeing a resurgence in popularity.
Sponsored

Woody_Finch

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Frontier, 2012 Focus, 2011 Fiesta
Ford is learning from their mistake of taking those types of models away. That they were desired models all along. Same with the Ranger. And I think they'll see the same sort of mistake in dropping cars as well. Very shortsighted in my opinion.
I totally agree about them dropping cars. I'm sure the Ford execs have run all the numbers, and financially it makes sense to stop selling cars--right now. But from my own life experience, brand loyalty is largely created when young people buy their first and second vehicles. And without entry-level cars in their lineup to capture those first purchases by people in their teens and early 20s, the American public's propensity to buy Fords is going to erode over time. That loyalty is going to end up with Hyundai and Honda, etc. Or with whatever company can come out with a truly affordable, adequately-ranged EV. In a way a small car is kind of a loss-leader or an promo to get people in the door for the long term.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford could do that with vehicles like the Maverick pickup and the Ecosport If they'd be price and value competitive. Unless they do they will continue to lose those first-time buyers to Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, and Kia. (I don't include Honda as they tend to run higher).
Sponsored