Sponsored

We're Ecoological, the maker of BUMPERSHELLZ! We'd like your opinion...

What simple modifications would you make to the 4G Taco?

• Color Match that fog lamp bezel!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matte Black on the rears would look good!

• I left my suggestion in the thread

• I like the 4G as it is.

• Total voters

Ecoological

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Hi everyone. Happy to be here. My name is Matt and I represent Ecoological and BumperShellz. If you're already familiar with us, GREAT! Skip ahead to the paragraph before the photos. If you've never heard of us, let me tell you a little about ourselves.

BumperShellz and Ecoological was started back in 2012 by Darin Evans in his garage in the heart of Gold Country... Newcastle, CA! He invented BumperShellz as a way for people to easily cover up damage minor accidents and to cover up rust. Darin was seeing a lot more sales than he expected and it turns out people loved that BumperShellz were a much more durable way to chrome delete as opposed to painting or using vinyl wrap. BumperShellz are a hard plastic chrome delete overlay designed to contour to the unique features of the truck's exterior to give you that OEM look. And the best part? All of our products are made right here in the USA! Our current manufacturing facility is in Rocklin, CA.

Now, the reason we're here is because we could use your help in product development! We're thinking about making rear bumpers, similar to those we have made for the 2g and 3g (see photos below) in Matte Black to give this Tacoma a rugged look. I've floated the idea of color matching the fog lamp bezel. But really, what matters most is what the people want. So, what would you guys like to see?

2024 Tacoma We're Ecoological, the maker of BUMPERSHELLZ! We'd like your opinion... 428672941_2197947037211249_8759089923302736299_n
2024 Tacoma We're Ecoological, the maker of BUMPERSHELLZ! We'd like your opinion... IMG_2783

And for those who don't own a 4th gen Tacoma, what are you doing here?! Just kidding... you can still get our products for your truck: Visit our website at ChromeStoppers.com and use the coupon code 4GForum to get 10% off your order. We appreciate the support from all truck enthusiasts and look forward to making your ride stand out.
Sponsored

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
Do you have a mockup or photoshop of what the color matched fog lamp bezel would look like?

I feel like that will work well on some colors and not on others.

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw x2
Hi everyone. Happy to be here. My name is Matt and I represent Ecoological and BumperShellz. If you're already familiar with us, GREAT! Skip ahead to the paragraph before the photos. If you've never heard of us, let me tell you a little about ourselves.

BumperShellz and Ecoological was started back in 2012 by Darin Evans in his garage in the heart of Gold Country... Newcastle, CA! He invented BumperShellz as a way for people to easily cover up damage minor accidents and to cover up rust. Darin was seeing a lot more sales than he expected and it turns out people loved that BumperShellz were a much more durable way to chrome delete as opposed to painting or using vinyl wrap. BumperShellz are a hard plastic chrome delete overlay designed to contour to the unique features of the truck's exterior to give you that OEM look. And the best part? All of our products are made right here in the USA! Our current manufacturing facility is in Rocklin, CA.

Now, the reason we're here is because we could use your help in product development! We're thinking about making rear bumpers, similar to those we have made for the 2g and 3g (see photos below) in Matte Black to give this Tacoma a rugged look. I've floated the idea of color matching the fog lamp bezel. But really, what matters most is what the people want. So, what would you guys like to see?

428672941_2197947037211249_8759089923302736299_n.jpg
IMG_2783.jpg

And for those who don't own a 4th gen Tacoma, what are you doing here?! Just kidding... you can still get our products for your truck: Visit our website at ChromeStoppers.com and use the coupon code 4GForum to get 10% off your order. We appreciate the support from all truck enthusiasts and look forward to making your ride stand out.
A chrome delete for the 4g Tacoma Limited for all those shiny chrome parts would be awesome (matte black). I guarantee you sell a boat load of that.

OP
OP

Ecoological

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
A chrome delete for the 4g Tacoma Limited for all those shiny chrome parts would be awesome (matte black). I guarantee you sell a boat load of that.
From what the R&D team has told me, they want to do Matte Black covers for the rear bumper. My job is to source info on any other areas.

We haven't had a really good look at the 4g, what areas should we looking at for chrome?

OP
OP

Ecoological

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Do you have a mockup or photoshop of what the color matched fog lamp bezel would look like?

I can probably something real quick and sloppy, but it's not going to look very good. I don't have time set aside to dedicate that.

Hannzie

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 bmw x2
From what the R&D team has told me, they want to do Matte Black covers for the rear bumper. My job is to source info on any other areas.

We haven't had a really good look at the 4g, what areas should we looking at for chrome?
Mirror caps, lower front bellow grill, handles.

OP
OP

Ecoological

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma

It's not a great picture, but I only spent about 5 minutes on it to show you what that might look like.

2024 Tacoma We're Ecoological, the maker of BUMPERSHELLZ! We'd like your opinion... 2024-Toyota-Tacoma-off-road

RGk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
trucks
It's not a great picture, but I only spent about 5 minutes on it to show you what that might look like.

2024-Toyota-Tacoma-off-road.jpg
Thanks. I’d rock that, would look even better after ripping off the air dam.

OP
OP

Ecoological

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Thanks. I’d rock that, would look even better after ripping off the air dam.
No problem. I talked to my boss (he's also part of the R&D team) about the fog lamp bezel and he's like "yeah, maybe... I don't know if you're gonna hear from people about it".

After I made it this, I was like, "man, this looks pretty sick..."
Sponsored