Sponsored

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
I’m hoping Discount Tire will give a deal on replacing my Mav‘s factory tires for those Coopers when I get it. Your truck looks good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just saw a maverick for the first time this weekend and was surprised at how good even the 225's looked proportionally. That was a kicker for me. I had been leaning toward 245's before. I will go 235s, thinking maybe falken at trails since it's gonna be a daily driver.

How are the coopers? Any road noise difference? Good road performance?
So far no noticeable road noise difference and performance has been excellent, definitely feels more grippy and responsive.

OP
OP
ziggystar84

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m hoping Discount Tire will give a deal on replacing my Mav‘s factory tires for those Coopers when I get it. Your truck looks good.
My local discount tire offered me $15 / tire, but one user here got $400 total so YMMV.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Definitely looks great! I dig the tires and wheels! Dang, I wish solid black wheels were an option on the Lariat hybrid!

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just saw a maverick for the first time this weekend and was surprised at how good even the 225's looked proportionally. That was a kicker for me. I had been leaning toward 245's before. I will go 235s, thinking maybe falken at trails since it's gonna be a daily driver.

How are the coopers? Any road noise difference? Good road performance?
I am leaning towards the Falken Wildpeak AT Trails as well. Seem to be a nice balance good traction and dry road performance, supposedly designed for unibody body types like the Maverick. Not planning on doing anything crazy off road so they should work well plus they’re good in winter weather.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am leaning towards the Falken Wildpeak AT Trails as well. Seem to be a nice balance good traction and dry road performance, supposedly designed for unibody body types like the Maverick. Not planning on doing anything crazy off road so they should work well plus they’re good in winter weather.
Yeah I got all hot and bothered at the new toyo AT3s and the wildpeak at3w's. Then I had a long talk with myself because 99% of my driving will in fact be on road. Still, I wanted to do some light off roading and be ready for the occasional heavy snow. The falken at trails look great and will function as well as needed. They have a good mileage ratings and AT tires should have tougher sidewalls which I have an alarming tendency to rupture.

Dave S

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the bfg trail terrain. 225/65-17. Like the white lettering

Some extra noise in some surfaces but most are normal.

About 1 mpg diff from factory

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah I got all hot and bothered at the new toyo AT3s and the wildpeak at3w's. Then I had a long talk with myself because 99% of my driving will in fact be on road. Still, I wanted to do some light off roading and be ready for the occasional heavy snow. The falken at trails look great and will function as well as needed. They have a good mileage ratings and AT tires should have tougher sidewalls which I have an alarming tendency to rupture.
I had the same talk, lol. I was really thinking 245's as well but the voice of reason took over and I am just going with the 235's. 95% of my driving will be under normal conditions so it didn't make sense to get too crazy with the tires but the 245's look pretty awesome. The Falken Wildpeak AT Trails at 235 will look good and give me exactly what I need.
Sponsored