Sponsored

Throwback Thursday...The Maverick was first formally announced exactly 2 years ago today.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was shopping for a Hyundai Santa Cruz wanting a smaller city friendly truck. Had problems parking the big Silverado ( sold during covid ) youtube started to give video’s about the coming new Maverick a few weeks before ordering opens up.
Was interested but already thought my way into the SC advanced goodies, and car like comforts.
However, I still owned a ranch so didn’t want something as nice as a SC so I bought Maverick bare bones XL. Goats jumped on my new sports car-hood , but never on any of the three Fords trucks i owned ( they would jump in the bed where the fresh bags of goat food were )
Figured it was less risky getting the cheapest XL with a few options. Test drove a ford SUV hybrid with similar specs as Maverick, sold itself! Almost bought the Ford hybrid SUV I liked it so much more than my Prius.
Having ordered a Saturn car before I thought it would only be 2-3 months tops order-delivery, so no use to get a new hybrid SUv. Glad my little Prius is still on the road, was a long wait for the Maverick.
Been taking around a 10yo family member in the truck during his summer break from school, we play spot the Mavericks.. man, there where 3 in a series of parking lots. So many now in our area. Saw a mid gray/ light charcoal colored Maverick looked so good, new 2023 color?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same story here. Was on the computer late at night in June '21 and got a pop up with this link. When I saw the starting $19,999 figure I thought "how in the heck can I get hurt on this deal". So, I went ahead and sprung for the XLT Hybrid package and ordered the next day - site unseen. Luckiest decision I ever made. Really enjoy driving my Mav and the 12 months wait was worth it in the end.
I also read the article and decided to order a HPR lariat lux hybrid on 7/5/21. I was lucky my truck was delivered to my dealer on 3/9/22, and I picked it up the next day. 8 months, 4 days after ordered. When I went to pick it up, there was a crowd around the truck, even the sales personal never saw a Maverick. I hit the Lotto when I drove it home!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I ordered my lariat AWD EB on June 9th 2021 at 11 am. I was the first in the U.P. Of Michigan and The confirmation from Ford said I was one of the first in the country. Only read about it and saw some pictures. A couple weeks later changed it to a First Edition because I liked the Rapid Red color. took delivery on December 23rd 2021. I love this truck it has been flawless. 😃👍
So glad you're enjoying your Maverick, John! Thanks for sharing your story!
Sponsored